Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Kerio Control and Kerio Connect (Is it possible to run Kerio Control and Kerio Connect in one server?)
  •  
zigul

Send a private message to this user
Hello,
I am new in Kerio.

Is it possible to run Kerio Control and Kerio Connect in one server?
Is it any problem?
  •  
mlee (Kerio)

It is possible and they won't conflict each other AFAIK.

Just usually you don't install any other services on the firewall itself in terms of security. You can always consider using virtual appliance to keep them in different platform.

HTH.

M.

PTSD. BP. OCD. ASPD. BPD. Certified.
  •  
Fr@nk

Hi Mlee,

I had the same question as zigul.
(I use Kerio Control on a Ubuntu server in a XEN VM). I think that depends on the platform as far as I now. it is not possible if you use Debian or Ubuntu as operating system. I think mlee that you refer to Windows as platform..

•  
BnzY

i have similar question, but...

How can i do work DNS-block or "Internet blocklists" in Kerio Connect if mail-server running on different server, and receive only local IP of Kerio Control server???

And how it be work, after 7.4, then Kerio Contor will be available as virtual Virtual Appliance
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

BnzY wrote on Mon, 03 December 2012 08:08
i have similar question, but...

How can i do work DNS-block or "Internet blocklists" in Kerio Connect if mail-server running on different server, and receive only local IP of Kerio Control server???

And how it be work, after 7.4, then Kerio Contor will be available as virtual Virtual Appliance

It is simple. Don't do source NAT in the mapping rule (hiding all internet clients behind firewall's private IP address). It does not make a sense at all as long as the mailserver has a firewall machine as a default route.
  •  
BnzY

Pavel Dobry (Kerio) wrote on Mon, 03 December 2012 11:45

thx a lot, using kerio since 2005, and didn't know that ))
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

BnzY wrote on Mon, 03 December 2012 10:09
Pavel Dobry (Kerio) wrote on Mon, 03 December 2012 11:45

thx a lot, using kerio since 2005, and didn't know that ))

Hard to believe that. This is a basic networking knowledge. Smile
  •  
mwalky

Could you please explain in more detail what is "DNS-block" problem with mail server, what you are trying to achieve and solution of the problem?
  •  
BnzY

i mean this
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNS_blocking

with "source NAT in the mapping rule" ON
dns blocking don't work
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

You can't. Don't use source NAT for mapping traffic rules. It makes no sense.
Previous Topic: hors limit
Next Topic: Problemas de Acceso
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 07:32:09 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01353 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.