Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Deleted mails reappearing
  •  
stevemuc

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I've tried searching this forum but couldn't find anything similar. My apologies if this has already been answered.

We're using Kerio Connect 7.4.3 build 7813 running on a Mac Mini OS X 10.7.5. Clients are Apple Mail running on Mountain Lion 10.8.2. Mailbox is configured as Exchange IMAP.

When I delete mails from my inbox on Apple Mail, they simply seem to reappear a few seconds later. I've got three accounts in Apple Mail, two running on our Kerio Server and one on a third party Exchange server. The problem only occurs with the Kerio accounts. Sometimes deleting them a second time seems to keep them deleted, other times not. Generally, I'll have one inbox selected, delete a mail from the list view and then click on a different account. When I return to the previous account, the deleted mail has reappeared. It doesn't seem to make a difference whether I delete the mail from the list view or open it in its own window and then delete. Same behaviour each time. Is anybody else having this problem or can anyone suggest why it might be happening?

Thanks in advance,

Steve
  •  
Lucian Maly (Kerio)

Can you actually see this e-mail being deleted on the server? (check the "Logs" - "Operation" at the time of deletion)

Kerio Technologies AU Pty Ltd.
  •  
stevemuc

This is kind of weird. When deleting some mails, the {DELETE} action appears immediately in the operation log. In these cases the mail remains permanently deleted in Apple Mail. Some email however doesn't appear in the operation log after being deleted and these mails are the ones that 'reappear'.

We're having this problem on three different accounts on two separate computers running 10.8.2. Another account on a machine running 10.6.8 doesn't seem to having the problem at all.
  •  
stevemuc

Another point that just occurs to me. We're also having a problem with read mails being 're-marked' as unread
  •  
stevemuc

Can anybody make any further suggestions here? I'm reluctant to repost but the problem isn't going away by itself!

Thanks in advance.
Steve
  •  
tonyswu

It sounds like requests made to your mail server is timing out and not executed. Are you using RAID5? Is the storage separate from system?
  •  
stevemuc

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. For a minute there I thought you'd hit on the problem as we were running Kerio on a Raid server but recently reverted to non Raid. While looking however, I realised that on my own computer, where I have two Kerio accounts that the problem was only occurring on one account. A further check showed that the problematic account had been configured as Exchange although it is actually IMAP. Although this had worked previously, obviously the newest version of Mail in Mountain Lion broke that. Reinstalling the account as IMAP rather than Exchange solved the problem for me! Nevertheless, thanks for your help.

Steve
Previous Topic: Public Folder quota
Next Topic: Connect 8 Client delete message
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Aug 19 03:39:35 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00432 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.