Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » New Server (hardware) for KC with OpenSuse (an advice from you about the hardware)
  •  
puretech

Send a private message to this user
Hi guys,

In short, I am thinking of changing the server to one that will have SAS drives, RAID 10, and enough ram etc. So the kerio connect gets a bit faster. At the moment, it is slow and switching folders take time sometimes.

I was wondering, since we use OpenSUSE, is anyone here who has successfully installed RAID 10 with SAS drives? If so, could I have the controller make/version please? I know some controllers are not compatible and I have been searching Dell/HP etc to see what their configuration shows, but £4-5k servers are not helping.

We have around 80 concurrent users. Mail Storage is 50sh gig and archive is around 200gig.

At the moment, I have RAID1 with SATA drives and 4GB ram. CPU and ram seems fine but the intermittent freeze seems like it might be the IO. Unless the way i have set the server can cause it?

Basically the server is in DMZ. So server IP is different, then it goes to router where it routes to main router (where it has a different IP) and from there the main IP (mail DNS and rDNS) gets routed.

Anyway, the intial testing didnt show any performance issues but I am guessing that is because not many people were testing as they use in production.

Any input helping, would be great!

Thanks.
  •  
puretech

Hello again

Surely you guys have a setup, could i at least know what kind of setup do you guys have so I can get something accordingly?

I am looking at: HP ProLiant DL180 G6 E5606 Server with 4GB ram and SAS 600GB 15k x 4 for RAID 1+0.

I think that should do the job. Anyone has ever experienced any problem with the mentioned hardware + OpenSuse combo on a RAID 10?
  •  
puretech

Just another thought. Will it be any better if I use the current server, but get a NAS instead with SAS 15K discs and RAID10? So the storage and archive is on NAS?

•  
My IT Indy

We have set up several CentOS boxes running Kerio Connect without issues. Historically we have used 3Ware sata/sas raid cards with great luck.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
BudDurland

The 15K disks are the most important part of that equation.

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
puretech

I have ordered:
HP ProLiant DL180 G6 E5606 Server with 4GB ram and 4 x SAS 600GB for RAID.

I will be using RAID 10.

I have been doing research and it seems like, because this is a small file based server, i should use small size stripes.
Will 64k be ok? for average, or should i do more?
Previous Topic: Multiple tasks folder in Reminders.app
Next Topic: can not accept event on one PC with Outlook 2003
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 00:34:57 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00454 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.