Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Xen Server 6.0 KC 7.4.0 P1 (Installing KC7.4.0P1 on Xen Server)
  •  
Quentinb

Send a private message to this user
Hi All,

I have run Kerio Control on Xen server with great success in the past. Today I tried installing (and have tried the upgrade path) to Kerio Control 7.4.0 Patch 1 on Xen server 6.0.

The Kerio install hangs (with 100% CPU on 4 cores) after the VM does a post check and does not even show the Kerio install page. The boot process hangs on the line that says "Kernel thread Helper" something...

Any ideas why this could be the case?

I did a clean install of Xen 6.0, and download KC7.4.0P1 from the Kerio site today.

I installed KC 7.2.2 successfully, and then tried doing a in-place upgrade from the advanced tab in KC. Once the server reboots, it hangs in exactly the same place.

Kerio, please help!?
  •  
Fr@nk

Hi Quentib,

I run XEN 6.1 I had exactly the same problem with the update from Kerio Control 7.3.2 (software appliance) to version 7.40 P1
I created a support call (13-11-2012) and unfortunatly no solution so far.

XEN uses also Busy Box (Kerio COntrol software appliance as wel) and i think we must wait for Kerio development
to solve this.. XEN is not officially supported.

Kind regards

Fr@nk
  •  
Fr@nk

Hi Quentib,

I tried a clean install of Kerio Control 74.0 p1 as well. Result: Exactly same problem
I reported this problem in september..
Response today 7-12-2012 from Kerio Support:

I have just got an update from our Development team.

"Everything seems OK, XEN is not supported platform. Unfortunately, we can't help."

Would you like to consider using supported platforms such as ESX or Hyper-V?

•  
Quentinb

Hi Fr@nk,

Thanks for the info. Have started looking at vmware... I don't fully trust Hyper-V and is overly complicated to setup VLANs etc. Xen is just so easy!

Oh well.
  •  
Fr@nk

It surprises me that Kerio does not recognise the market-share of Xen server.
And a saillant detail: Xen server uses just like Kerio Control Software appliance Busy Box as OS.... Confused
  •  
kienhung

I confirm that XenServer 6.1 can install Kerio Control Software appliance. All you need to do is download Hyper-V appliance and import through XenCenter and It work like a charm.
  •  
viki

I've installed Appliance 8.1 to XEN and it works like a charm...
Previous Topic: CANCELLED!! Forum Maintenance - Planned Outage Thursday 27th June 2013 - 48 hours duration
Next Topic: Bloquear descargas de archivos ( .exe , .avi , etc)
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Aug 23 06:23:17 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00463 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.