Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Account Size (How to handle a very large account size 15+Gigs)
  •  
Ambassador

Send a private message to this user
I currently have a very important user that mail box size (Consumed) is 15+ Gigs.

1) How large can an account get before we start to run into larger problems?
2) How should I handle archiving the account?
  •  
mcholdings

I can answer question 1. We have multiple users with 20G+ mailboxes, no problems.

Well, folders with more than 1000 messages take ages to load, especially in the connect client.

Your limitation is more disk speed - as each 'folder' stores each message as a seperate file - so if you have 10000 items in a folder (eg, sent items), that folder to open then looks at all 10000 by the looks each time - so it becomes slow.

•  
ccjwells

I can second what mcholdings has said. I have several users over the 20GB mark (believe me, I want to fix the issue but lack the authority), and they don't seem to have any problems. However, if you are using Outlook+KOFF, you will have rather large mailbox cache files written to the local drive.
Previous Topic: Failed SMTP login...but it hasn't
Next Topic: New connect instal - Linux
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 08:58:34 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00430 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.