Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Fax doesn't work (Kerio Operator 2.1.0 beta 2)
  •  
hofman

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

We have a problem with receiving fax only from one customer.
Sending and receiving fax messages are ready with other clients...only this one Sad
I see in active calls receiving fax - 48sec., but no fax will be delivered.
In attachement are debug logs from our server with packet-log sniffer log file...
Sender num. is 235312954, receive num. is 465613267
The fax message has receiving at 13:41:01 ...
We have enabled all availble codecs in SIP trunk.
I know, this is beta version, but doesn't work only one customer Sad

Many thanks for your help and answers.
M.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
Edit: Here is information from Kaufland DE:

Here are some infomation regarding FoIP / VoIP and fax G3.
Of cause some analog fax machine could transmit facsimiles to a bad configured FoIP.
But it is not sure, that the faxsimile is 100% ok.

We had a similar issue in SK. The customer used new FoIP with G.711 pass through.
Below are some infomation from Intercope. Please brief your customer / vendor.

----------------------- Infomation from Intercope -----------------------
Hi to all,
the most reliable way to transmit fax messages with IP networks is the use of T.38 and not G.711 pass through.
T.38 was especially specified to get more reliable fax transmission where the use of G.711 pass through eliminates these advantages.

"G.711 pass through - this is where the T.30 fax call is carried in a VoIP call encoded as audio. This is sensitive to network packet loss, jitter and clock synchronization. When using voice high-compression encoding techniques such as, but not limited to, G.729, some fax tonal signals may not get correctly transported across the packet network."

As MessagePlus/Open at Kaufland is connected with ISDN fax boards to PBXs and/or to PSTNs we are not directly involved. With MessagePlus/Open fax boards can be replaced just with software named Dialogic Brooktrout SR140. With it we directly do support Fax over IP.

Don't hesitate to come back to us with any comment/question you may have.

• Attachment: logs.zip
    (Size: 421.69KB, Downloaded 245 times)

[Updated on: Wed, 28 November 2012 14:07]

•  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

I believe I've already fixed this issue. The fix will be included in Operator 2.1.0 beta 3 which should be out quite soon.

Meanwhile you can find the received fax in /var/spool/operator/fax/. Simply copy the file to your computer and rename it to *.tiff

Best
Filip
  •  
hofman

Many thanks... in this directory are files with fax content, but i can not watch this directory Sad
I need automatic system for sending fax messages Sad
Do you know what I do this?
When will a new update?

Many thanks!

Best Regards.
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Kerio Operator 2.1.0 beta 3 should be out within a few days.
  •  
hofman

Hello,

Now I installed this version of Kerio Operator beta 3 and tested receiving fax messages...
Fax will be delivered, but fax message from Kaufland still not been send via email to mailbox. Only this message is in /var/spool/operator/fax directory. The problem is still the same Sad

Thanks for your reply and your help.

Best Regards.
Previous Topic: Phone-to-phone Paging (intercom)
Next Topic: Kerio Operator 2.1.0 Beta 3
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Aug 19 14:53:39 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00439 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.