Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Connect 8.0.0 release (Introducing brand new Kerio Connect client and cloud service!)
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
Kerio Connect 8.0.0 - December 4, 2012

What's new in Kerio Connect 8?

- Kerio Connect client
- Kerio Cloud
- Greylisting Cloud Service - Effective Anti-Spam method
- Anti-Spam improvements SMTP Server
- Notes synchronization with OS X and iOS.
- Enhanced Out Of Office notification.
- Exclusively Sophos AV in Kerio Connect 8.
- Kerio Antivirus SDK

For more details, visit: http://www.kerio.com/connect/whats-new

Change log, full Release Notes, System Requirements and download links: http://www.kerio.com/connect/download

Don't forget to check also our blog: http://www.kerio.com/blog/long-live-email-desktop-email-clie nts-are-dead-or-least-dying

[Updated on: Tue, 19 February 2013 16:10]

•  
satzinger

Sad
Just installed it. Kerio Admin console will not work with Firefox Ver.16 or 17.
When I connect to my standard port "https://mail:4040/admin/login/" I get a blank white screen and nothing happens.
However, it will work with Internet Explorer.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

It does work for me. Try to disable all Firefox plug-ins.
  •  
satzinger

Got it working now.
Seems to be some sort of a DNS issue, because when I used the IP address instead of "mail" it worked.
Good enough for me!
I like the new web interface!!!! Shocked
  •  
TorW

Great news!
One question though: will the users have to sit through a KOFF cache conversion when upgrading from 7.3.x to 8.0?
  •  
satzinger

I did not see any delays nor did I hear any complaints so far.
  •  
reverent

So I fired up the new webmail and I am impressed. It is very Windows 8'ish but the style is pleasing and I like the name suggestions as you type; big win there!

However, does the webmail not have a spell check? I can't seem to find the option to spell check an email composed in the new webmail. I'm probably just being silly and can't find it. It doesn't autospell check as far as I can see (feature request) but if someone could please tell me how to spell check the new webmail that would be cool.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Thank you. We're pleased.

Spell checker feature is provided by most of web browsers or operating systems. If you need a special Connect's spellchecker, feel free to raise a suggestion directly from Kerio Connect client (the Feedback button at the bottom or in the menu).
  •  
Dee Lowndes

Really love the new web interface and desktop notifications.

Is there anyway to change the logo to our own?
  •  
rharrelson

Auto spellcheck in webmail is working for me. However, there does not appear to be any way to modify the webmail layout (e.g. to show messages below the message list instead of to the right). Also, there seem to be some html display issues with bulleted lists, media queries don't appear to work as they did in the old webmail.
  •  
reverent

Pavel Dobry (Kerio) wrote on Tue, 04 December 2012 21:29
Thank you. We're pleased.

Spell checker feature is provided by most of web browsers or operating systems. If you need a special Connect's spellchecker, feel free to raise a suggestion directly from Kerio Connect client (the Feedback button at the bottom or in the menu).

So what you are saying is that there is no spell checker in the new Web Mail client? If true that seems to be a major removal of a major webmail function. We use IE and there is no other alternative for us. If you want to be an exchange alternative your webmail has to have spellcheck.

So there is no plans to put a spell checker in the webmail as your post here suggests?
http://forums.kerio.com/mv/msg/23010/94684/#msg_94684

Forgive me if I misunderstand.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

reverent wrote on Tue, 04 December 2012 21:52

So there is no plans to put a spell checker in the webmail as your post here suggests?
http://forums.kerio.com/mv/msg/23010/94684/#msg_94684

Forgive me if I misunderstand.

My post says exactly the opposite. It is in the plan.
  •  
senken

Hi

Is there any milestone / upgrade path for this new version?
Mine is a little old (7.3.1 build 5770) don't know if I can upgrade to 8.0 directly

My life is unlimited bugs work
  •  
flobaer

Before installing the new version, I first took a look at the Online Demo. I can't find the filter definitions. Is this only in the demo? We often use advanced settings for reply, forwarding and so on. Will I not be able to set those advanced filters in the new webclient?
ORM

All good so far guys in the few I have updated today however I must say I don't like the new installer from the log in screen for iOS

By installing 3 accounts (imap / contacts / cal dav) it is really messy. Your accounts list gets very long if you have more than one account and you have to rename x3 (xY accounts) now if you dont like the default account name which is the whole email address

I am back to setting up one exchange active sync account by hand. Can we have back the option of which type of connection you want please
Previous Topic: Apple Calendar Time Zone
Next Topic: LDAP searching over 100 contacts.
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 07:35:09 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00580 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.