Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Workspace » Kerio Workspace on Debian with Kerio Connect, do not get it run
  •  
camisy

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

I'm running a Kerio Connect on a virtual instance on Debian 6, 64 Bit. This is running pretty fine.
I have installed Kerio Workspace, Tomcat and all services are ok.

The issue is that I cannot connect to IP:4060. I had stopped all Connect services, the installer runs through without any problems.
I had changed the Connect ports to 4060 and I am able to connect to 4060. Only for Workspace it just shows page can't be loaded.

Does anyone have an idea?
  •  
Lucian Maly (Kerio)

Was Kerio Workspace installed successfully? Can you actually see Kerio Workspace running - execute sudo ps -aux?
What is the output of netstat -l, can you see some process listening on port 4060?

What do you mean by "I had changed the Connect ports to 4060"? This is of course affecting Kerio Workspace, because it is using the same port for administration. Two applications cannot be listening on the same port.

Kerio Technologies AU Pty Ltd.
  •  
camisy

Yes, it was installed successfully. It brings me to the page that says go to IP:4060/setup. I have changed Connect port to 4060 in order to test if there is any firewall in front of the VM that blocks this port but there isn´t. Connect and Workspace are both on a hosted virtual instance on Debian 64 Bit, however 64 Bit shouldn´t be a problem as I used --force architecture for installation and the services are running.

netstat -l:

Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address State
tcp 0 0 *:smtp *:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 *:8443 *:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 *:https *:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 *:10011 *:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 localhost:4063 *:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 *:8800 *:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 *:imaps *:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 *:ldap *:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 *:1222 *:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 *:4040 *:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 *:submission *:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 *:imap2 *:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 *:www *:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 *:ssmtp *:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 *:44337 *:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 *:30033 *:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 *:nntp *:* LISTEN
tcp6 0 0 [::]:1222 [::]:* LISTEN
tcp6 0 0 [::]:ftp [::]:* LISTEN
udp 0 0 *:9987 *:*
udp 0 0 *:44337 *:*

Extract of ps -aux:

root 23832 0.0 0.0 2056 360 ? Ss 18:53 0:00 jsvc.exec -user kworkspace -home /opt/kerio/workspace/
102 23833 1.0 4.4 565136 46388 ? Sl 18:53 0:02 jsvc.exec -user kworkspace -home /opt/kerio/workspace/
root 23849 0.0 0.1 9080 1260 ? Ss 18:53 0:00 /bin/bash /opt/kerio/workspace/watch.sh
102 23854 0.0 0.1 46056 1476 ? S 18:53 0:00 su - kworkspace -c JAVA_HOME=/opt/kerio/workspace/jre
102 23855 0.0 0.1 29260 2020 ? Sl 18:53 0:00 /opt/kerio/workspace/rendering/libreoffice3.5/program/
102 23866 0.1 4.3 138564 45492 ? Sl 18:53 0:00 /opt/kerio/workspace/rendering/libreoffice3.5/program/

Seems to be fine isn't it. When I try to connect via http(s)://IP:4060 it only shows "page cannot be loaded".

[Updated on: Fri, 07 December 2012 17:37]

•  
Jaromir Obr (Kerio)

Hi,

Workspace isn't supported on 64-bit Linux yet, however it should work (http://forums.kerio.com/mv/msg/18335/87278/#msg_87278)
Have you installed the package "ia32-libs" ?

Is there something in debug/error log ? (in /opt/kerio/workspace/logs)

Regards

Jaromir Obr
Senior Tester
Kerio Technologies
  •  
camisy

Hi,

The package ia32-libs is installed on the system.

I´ll do a complete new installation and explain my steps.

First I uninstall Workspace:
dpkg -r kerio-workspace
dpkg --purge kerio-workspace

Checked, all WS files are deleted

/etc/init.d/kerio-connect stop (for any issue that could arise)
Stopped firewall (for any issue that could arise)

wget http://download.kerio.com...

dpkg -i --force-architecture kerio-workspace-linux.deb

dpkg: warning: overriding problem because --force enabled:
package architecture (i386) does not match system (amd64)
Selecting previously deselected package kerio-workspace.
(Reading database ... 36770 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking kerio-workspace (from kerio-workspace-linux.deb) ...
Setting up kerio-workspace (2.0.1.505-1) ...
Generated certificate with hostname=222XXX.vs.webtropia.com, saved to directory /opt/kerio/workspace/sslcert
Starting Kerio Workspace Application Server
Starting Kerio Workspace Rendering Server

The software was succesfully installed

Try to access http(s)://external.ip:4060/setup (it´s on a hosted virtual Debian 6)

Result: Firefox was not able to establish a connection

There was no debug or error log created, only workspace-application and workspace-rendering log

[Updated on: Thu, 06 December 2012 21:06]

•  
Jaromir Obr (Kerio)

Hi,

could you send me the workspace-application and workspace-rendering log ?

Regards

Jaromir Obr
Senior Tester
Kerio Technologies
  •  
camisy

There is only one log that show some content: kerio-workspace-applications-sderr.log

Dec 6, 2012 8:48:23 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina initDirs
SEVERE: Cannot find specified temporary folder at /opt/kerio/workspace/tomcat/temp
Dec 6, 2012 8:48:24 PM org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener init
INFO: An older version 1.1.20 of the APR based Apache Tomcat Native library is installed, while Tomcat recommends a minimum version of 1.1.22
INFO: Loaded APR based Apache Tomcat Native library 1.1.20.
INFO: APR capabilities: IPv6 [true], sendfile [true], accept filters [false], random [true].

There is a file kerio-workspace-application.pid. Its content is "31362"

•  
yopwdsvf

Was Kerio Workspace installed successfully? Can you actually see Kerio Workspace running - execute sudo ps -aux?
What is the output of netstat -l, can you see some process listening on port 4060?

What do you mean by "I had changed the Connect ports to 4060"? This is of course affecting Kerio Workspace, because it is using the same port for administration. Two applications cannot be listening on the same port.

Tiffany Jewelry
Tiffany Bangle
Tiffany Bracelet
Tiffany Cuff Link
Tiffany Earrings

[Updated on: Fri, 04 January 2013 09:44]

john andy
  •  
yopwdsvf

I would just like to know when I can set up my mail contacts calendars on my Surface RT the same way I am able to on my Apple and Android devices. I would think Microsoft is mainstream enough that it would be pretty quickly supported.
I don't find any reference to when I will be able do this. Is there an ETA or status available?

john andy
  •  
yopwdsvf

There is only one log that show some content: kerio-workspace-applications-sderr.log

Tiffany & Co Outlet
Tiffany Necklace
Tiffany Pendant
Tiffany Rings
Tiffany Sets

[Updated on: Fri, 04 January 2013 09:43]

john andy
Previous Topic: Next Preview Button and Thumbnails
Next Topic: Preview but not download pdf content
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 07:43:45 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00514 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.