Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Global Address book?
  •  
jameso

Send a private message to this user
I have been looking into using Kerio as a exchange server replacment. After installing the demo of 6, one thing that jumps out at me is the lack of a global address book.

Have I over looked something? Is there a way for a user to pull up a list of all users on the mail server?

Thanks!
Jim
  •  
Bauglir

No, automaticly generated address book of user is missing

Bronislav Klucka
Kerio Technologies
bklucka<at>kerio.com
  •  
PJBonoVox

jameso wrote on Fri, 09 July 2004 03:22

I have been looking into using Kerio as a exchange server replacment. After installing the demo of 6, one thing that jumps out at me is the lack of a global address book.

Have I over looked something? Is there a way for a user to pull up a list of all users on the mail server?

Thanks!
Jim

I can't see anything either. Since I've been integrating Kerio 6.0 Beta with Active Directory, I'm using LDAP in Outlook to point to the LDAP server in Active Directory, which gives similar results. For now ;)

I'm in the same boat as you though mate. If Kerio 6.0 does what it says on the tin I'll be shipping Exchange out through the window.
  •  
jameso

Is this a feature slated for the final -rel?

Thanks for your time.

Jim
  •  
jshaw541

Bronislav, could you rephrase this? Your english is hard to understand ;-). What did you mean to say?

Thanks!

Bauglir wrote on Thu, 08 July 2004 22:27

No, automaticly generated address book of user is missing

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
vandalen

Hopefully they will when Gold is release. I'm a bit concern in that calling KMS 6.0 a replacement to Exchange is a big stretch.

The lack of Global Address Book, the inability to have Delegates (Send Items on somones behalf), not able to convert public folders and DL's and other functionality makes this release not usable in a corporate level.

Hopefully they are listening.
  •  
jshaw541

They listen at kms-beta<at>kerio.com ;-)

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
vandalen

I have reported everything
  •  
ksinclair

Same issues here. 7 Domains, about 500 users in a corporate environment. Global address books are critical to us and the lack of that functionality may prevent Mailserver from working in our environment. That would be a shame because the system is otherwise very impressive.
  •  
PJBonoVox

Yes, there's problems for sure.

I've just reported one to the kmsbeta address, which is huge.

In order to make it an Exchange replacement, you have to use the Outlook connector, right?

If you use NT authentication on the mail server, and the user changes their domain password, the user can't get into Outlook because the connector still has the old password! That's an absolute kerio-killer in the Exchange environment. If they fix this, they'll have our cash!
Previous Topic: !!!! Kerio 5: sending, but not receiving !!!!
Next Topic: (10054) An existing was forcibly closed by the remote host
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 09:38:27 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00525 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.