Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Two-factor authentication (Google OTP) (Add another layer of security to the web interface (Admin or User))
  •  
NixNix

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,

Since Google released their "OTP" (One-Time Password Authentication) source code a little while ago it became pretty easy to protect any web application (or others) by adding a third information on the login page. whatever you call it (pass-code, token, etc ..), it's changing every 30s and almost any decent phone can generate the "token", so only YOU can log in.

I've just implemented this solution to the IEM (Interspire Email Marketer) admin interface and it works lik a charm. Now I start to think that everywhere I have a web console I also want to have a Two-factor authentication, make sense right Smile

Since the webmail interface of kerio is running PHP, I know it's possible to implement it there as well but before throwing myself into it I wanted to share that little project with you and why not get a little help in the process.

I've started playing a little bit with the latest Kerio Connect web interface and it looks like the only file to modify is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Kerio\MailServer\web\webmail\login\loginDialog.inc

I've been inspired few days ago by the following article (and are using their OTP PHP class) : www.idontplaydarts.com/2011/07/google-totp-two-factor-authen tication-for-php

Based on what I did with Interspire I'm trying to recreate it with Kerio connect Webmail GUI.

so far:

- I've put the PHP class into C:\Program Files (x86)\Kerio\MailServer\web\webmail\login\
- I've added the line require_once("token.php"); after line 78
- I've added an extra field after the "password" so we can enter the Token

Everything works, but what I want to do now is check if the variable "kerio_token" = "$otp", and if not replace (on-the-fly) the username by something wrong ex: "xxxxxx" so if the token is wrong then the authentication will fail. Again that's maybe the not the best or the sexiest implementation yet but it definitely works on IEM so why bother finding another way to do it.

That's it fellas ... I'll be more than happy to exchange on the subject and of course try to find a way to implement it so the "Kerio Community" can benefit from it.

Over and Out,
NixNix

[Updated on: Thu, 06 December 2012 22:30]

Previous Topic: Mailing List Time Out Period
Next Topic: Folders to sync
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Sep 25 15:21:28 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00358 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.