Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Workspace » Feature Request (RePost from Beta section)
  •  
BFL

Send a private message to this user
[Re-Post from Beta Section - http://forums.kerio.com/mv/msg/21824/93922/#msg_93922]

Hello!

We use Kerio Workspace every day in our work (>50 users), and we think it's good (!!!) but it can be better.

There's no chance to use UserVoice (http://forums.kerio.com/mv/msg/22836/93743/#msg_93743), so...

Here is my vision of missing features:

1. Notifications
User notifications need to be more informative. At least we need to extend the information transmitted to the form in which it appears in the "News" section. Ideally, several subsections of information:
1.1. Bread crumbs - it's necessary to write the entire path to the object of notification (file / component / page, etc.) from the root folder.
1.2. Link to the page (if object of notification is a file, then it must be a link to preview + link to the file).
1.3. If object of notification is a response to a comment, then we should display the comment being replied to. And also "Reply" link directly to the object of notification.

2. Files & Folders
2.1. For files and folders, we must devise a system of attributes. At least we need to allow a user to give simple explanations of the file ("Description" or "Note"), which would be visible under the name of the file, as it is already implemented in the Tasks (where task description can be seen under the name of task).
2.2. Sometimes it is necessary to restrict access for a specific group/user to a folder/file. We should provide the opportunity to the user similar to the permits system for spaces/pages.
2.3. There is no tool to locate the same file in different spaces with tracking versions. It would be nice if the system would have something like labels or shortcuts, as it is done for folders/files, for example, in Windows.
2.4. When you want to download documents from other sources, you need to download the file to your computer at first, and only then it can be loaded into the Workspace. Can we make the ability to upload files from url?
[!UPDATE] 2.5. We need an option to print File Journal with all connected comments to it.
[!UPDATE 11.12.2012] 2.6. We need an option to print all Page contents (WITH comments).
[!UPDATE 11.12.2012] 2.7. We need an option to view and print all Page contents in Page Journal (WITH comments).

3. Users & Groups
3.1. If we use a tree structure of company (user/group/sub-group) then it makes troubles to set permissions on spaces/pages.

Here is an example: There is a root group and subgroups of AA, BB, CC. There is a space A1, which contains the subspaces AA1, BB1, CC1. If all users of AA, BB, CC subgroups need certain access to subspaces AA1, BB1, CC1 they should have access to the A1. However, each user of each group have access to each subspace. At this point, for exclusion of this situation it is necessary to build structure without subgroups and leave all groups in the root.

Therefore, it is necessary to introduce a tool to limit the access of specific groups/users to the spaces/pages. Perhaps, it could be done by setting restrictions on access to the space/page in permits system.

3.2. Also we need to see membership of user in groups. I think it must be on a user profile page, and in administration panel in profile card...

4. Tags
A wonderful way of forming a through structure is tags. Tags can be specified for files, folders, components, pages, spaces. And tags can be the root (specified by the administrator), and additionally added by users.

5. Tasks
5.1. Ability to delegate task to particular person.
5.2. Ability to specify the % level of the task. Deletion occurs when the 100%.
5.3. Notification of participants when task is completed for part or on Deadline.
5.4. Multilevel tree structure to create nested tasks.
5.5. Task execution statistics in graphs (a la Kerio Star).
5.6. Displaying list of delegated and created unfinished tasks on user profile page. Displaying list of unfinished tasks on the news page.

6. Previews
6.1. When we view a number of files in the same folder every time it needs to open/close preview window. Can we make it possible to thumb through the files?
[!UPDATE] 6.2. We need a DWG files preview and PDF convert in our everyday work. WE really need it. There are many DWG viewers that you can use as preview plugin.

7. Kerio Workspace Client
[!UPDATE 11.12.2012] - Done - Sync Pause Button Added
7.1. The directory synchronization process is delaying, it is understandable. But often there are cases when the Client demonstrates that all synchronized, but the server has later version. We have to restart the client to restart the synchronization. Is it possible to make a button for manually checking for updates of file/library/all spaces?

8. Forms and Polls
From time to time in our work we need to fill out forms. So, my suggestion - new components Form and Poll.
With Form we can create new documents, containing answers submitted by form.
Through the survey, we can understand some people's opinions regarding the issue.

9. Main question
What is Kerio Workspace? Do I understand right that you are going to develop it into a full ECM? Or it's only an extended file library?

P.S.: It was written on my native language and translated on a page in Kerio Workspace Smile

[Updated on: Tue, 11 December 2012 16:18]

Kerio Control, Connect, Workspace[R.I.P.] (~250 users each) Admin/User
  •  
Stanislav Kolar (Kerio)

Hi,
I hope I can promise that the synchronization is gonna to be much better in the upcomming 2.1 version. We made many changes related to the performance and reliability of the sync client.
  •  
BFL

Stanislav,

I think that Workspace customers should know what you're working on. You can post some details of your workday/week/month for us, then we can imagine what we will have in next version.

So, are there any changes from the list above?? And what about UserVoice?

Kerio Control, Connect, Workspace[R.I.P.] (~250 users each) Admin/User
  •  
kconklin

This is a very comprehensive list. We are in the process of rolling out Workspace to our entire organization - just testing with a 20-person group for now. Some of the items in that list are especially important to us:

5. Tasks
5.1. Ability to delegate task to particular person.
5.3. Notification of participants when task is completed for part or on Deadline.
5.6. Displaying list of delegated and created unfinished tasks on user profile page. Displaying list of unfinished tasks on the news page.

And let me add one more:

5.7 A way to automatically have a reminder sent via email when a task is coming due (X days or hours prior).
Previous Topic: Tag Users?
Next Topic: error <<could not obtain pessimistic lock>>
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Aug 20 02:16:15 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00562 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.