Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » upgrading kerio & migrate from entourage 2008 to outlook 2011
  •  
yukiomishima

Send a private message to this user
howdy

we are in the process of upgrading our kerio install from v6 to v8

in the process we are also looking to migrate our users from entourage 2008 to outlook 2011 (mac)

currently everyone is IMAP (with some legacy data in "folders in my computer")... but we are looking to migrate everyone to an exchange account (or is it best to remain IMAP)

what is the best method for migrating

thanks in advance for any help you can provide

yukioMishima
  •  
mlee (Kerio)

Upgrading is pretty straight forward, here's an article about upgrading:
http://kb.kerio.com/article/how-do-i-update-kerio-connect-wh en-a-new-version-is-available-451.html

If you are upgrading from PowerPC, you may want to read this article as well:
http://kb.kerio.com/article/upgrade-from-powerpc-based-mac-t o-intel-based-mac-715.html

Make sure you have a GOOD backup before you do it of course.

As for Entourage to Outlook 2011, I'd suggest removing Kerio from Entourage, (Optional removing Entourage), install Outlook and use the integration to configure the profile (Open webmail and click on integration with Mac), it will configure Outlook with EWS all by itself.

PTSD. BP. OCD. ASPD. BPD. Certified.
  •  
yukiomishima

thanks for the reply

i just tried upgrading from entourage 2008 to outlook 2011 using the integrate with mac

all worked well... however... none of the project tags were transferred (i know that projects are no longer supported)... when i opened my old 2008 database directly in 2011 they showed up as categories... is there any way to have them remain when creating an exchange account from scratch... or is all of that info lost

also

when setting up shared project folders... in the webmail client i can set shared folders & sub-folders... however.. in outlook 2011 they don't appear to show as folder>sub-folder... but all on the same level.. is there something i am missing

thanks

yukioMishima
  •  
yukiomishima

anyone have an answer on this?

i migrated my server from 6.7 on an old g5 (osx 10.4) to a new macPro running kerio 7.4.3 on osx 10.6.8

i will also be migrating everyone from IMAP to exchange accounts

HOWEVER... i have tested setting up a couple of accounts... and none of my projects/categories transferred

is there no way around this?

if i set them all up again will they transfer when i upgrade to v8

is there anyway of having the categories server wide... ie. all users have access to the same categories

thanks in advance for any insight

yukioMishima
Previous Topic: Backup time
Next Topic: Forwarding email with other emails as attachements under iOS
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 22:18:12 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00453 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.