Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » New Kerio Connect Webmail SLOW
  •  
andrewrob

Send a private message to this user
Hi. I upgraded our server yesterday and loved the new Kerio Connect Webmail to start with but after a while it became apparent, it is too slow! A lot of our users use webmail on the local network to where the server is and have reported even then it is too slow to use. Clicking from one thing to another has long pauses. Only way to fix is to go back to the old webmail.
  •  
gbalbach

We have noticed the same thing - internet explorer is not usable and chrome and firefox work but get slower and slower. Looks like it needs some optimizations.
  •  
generator

Same here. New Webmail client is slow. CPU usage on server is higher than on 7.x version.
  •  
b-tom

Please be more specific. What do you mean by CPU usage on server is higher?
  •  
generator

With version 7 was average CPU usage at same day (monday), hour range 7:00-12:00 35% with 38% maximum peak

With version 8 is average CPU usage in same period 45% with 60% maximum peak.

Today is our first version 8 day. So many users surf thru new web interface and report slow performance to me.

•  
Charles B

I had the same issue at first, but it went away after about 2 days.

Initially, my users found the new webmail unusable, it would frequently die with a 'Server is not responding' message. The server CPU usage also went from 30%-40% during the day to 90%-100%, making the entire thing almost unusable. Even the admin console would frequently time out and require multiple retries. Bouncing the Kerio service made it better, but exactly 1 hour (to the minute) after restarting the service, the CPU would spike again. Backups also took about twice as long as normal.

The third work-day (Friday) after upgrading to V8, CPU levels were back to normal. Over the weekend CPU was very low, as expected. So far today, half way through business hours, we are hanging at about 40%-50% CPU, and users are reporting no speed issues.

I suspect that after the install, some Kerio cleanup or reorganize/reindex process was running (although disk I/O was normal, not elevated) and that once it finished the server returned to normal--or a little above normal.

Mid 2015: Quit Kerio and moved to Exchange 2013 and Meraki.
Kerio Control 8.4.0--Used since it was WinRoute, many years ago
Kerio Connect 8.4.0 on Ubuntu. Bought Connect just in time for the switch to NO SUPPORT(aka pay for support). Not. Happy.
  •  
TorW

Hmm. So there are load issues that clears themselves after a couple of days? Does anyone know what's going on, or perhaps have a pointer to a KB article? I am neither interested in stumbling around in the dark when it comes to upgrading, nor the subsequent three-day telephone hell with customers if anything pops up that Kerio (again) didn't bother to document.
  •  
hbianchi

No matter new Kerio Connect Client general response is slower than previous Web Interface (as several already said in this post), I want to point to a special feature. When you read an already unread mail, you can get it inmediate, but the mail is still marked as "unread" for a while. When reading messages from the Inbox, usually you delete many of them that are spam o useless. No matter you wait that the message appears at the rigth side and you delete, it goes to the trash folter as "unread". The "unread" mark does not disappear inmediately when message is renderizad but just 2 or 3 second after that, and you must wait or if you perform another operation this message reamins as unread. Same thing happens when you are reviewing messages in any folder: even if message is already renderized, if you don't wait 2 or 3 seconds until "unread" disappears, and you go to the following message, the previous one will remain unread.
Previous Topic: problem with outlook connector - urgent
Next Topic: Iphone Exchange Contacts Missing
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Oct 18 18:32:46 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00429 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.