Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » docx xlsx downloading as .zip in IE webmail
  •  
reverent

Send a private message to this user
We exclusively use the webmail client on Kerio 7.4.2 using XP and Win 7 with IE and we have found that all of the office2007+ default documents are downloading as zip files. For instance, someone earlier emailed me a file.docx and when I download it from webmail using IE I get file.zip. This is what I know so far:

Office2007+ file types are really zip files containing xml
Changing the "open files based on content not file extension" in IE doesn't seem to fix it.
This doesn't happen when we download office2007+ files in IE from our intranet
This doesn't happen when we use OWA to download the attachment (seperate mail server).

Is there a way to add the mime types to the Kerio connect server so webmail serves the files as the correct mime or does anyone else have a work around for this besides not using IE?
  •  
plmax

Is there which solution on this issue?
  •  
Lisa Lyons (Kerio)

Hi

The file type is determined at the local operating system level, not at the server.

As a test, could you try Firefox or Chrome and see if it does the samething as Internet Explorer?

What version of IE are you using?

Kerio Technical Support
Log Support Incidents here: http://www.kerio.com/support
Also, please use our KB: http://kb.kerio.com
  •  
plmax

Using Chrome 29. Same in IE10
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

What's the content type of the attachment inside the message? Maybe the problem is in sending client.
  •  
plmax

Sent through the browser type xlsx attachment creation in Libre Office 4.0
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

What's the content type of the attachment inside the message?
  •  
plmax

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

plmax wrote on Tue, 17 September 2013 13:34
xlsx

Really? What's the Content-Type line in the message? xlsx is file extension, not content type.
  •  
plmax

You can help in Russian?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

We do have a technical support speaking and writing in Russian: http://www.kerio.ru/ru/support
  •  
FiNn

Hello,
We have the same problem. It happened to us before, but I think the update fix it and problem was only on IE. Now is on IE and Chrome. In Firefox it works. Problem is on both webmail clients.
Someone has already solved it?
Where I find a Kerio Connect web server configuration files? On Apache web server just add mime type to http.conf and problem solved.

Version: 8.3.1 (2843) (on 8.3.0 is same problem)

Many thanks.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

You need to fix this on sender side. MIME type for attachment is assigned by sending email client (browser), not by server.
Previous Topic: Updating Outlook 2013
Next Topic: Cpanel messages
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Oct 18 02:02:03 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00477 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.