Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » SIP/RTP Encryption
  •  
tehpr0

Send a private message to this user
Hi All,

I'm setting up a VoIP network for a small security company. I suggested Operator as I've used it in the past for a no-hassle solution and it supports provisioning for some of the devices they have already. From a management perspective, it will save a lot of time and effort than developing a custom Asterisk environment. We plan on deploying the OVF template of Operator to a dedicated ESXi machine.

For this particular client, I need to ensure that all VoIP traffic is encrypted, not only locally within the dedicated VoIP network, but to the SIP trunk provider also. I've read a lot from Googling, but the only phrase that keeps coming up is "Kerio Operator >v2.0 supports call encryption" - nothing actually related to how to go about setting this up and ensuring the traffic is talking through secure channels.

There is little documentation on the subject.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get this right using Kerio Operator?

...or am I overlooking the obvious?

Regards,
A Fellow Kerio'er
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

Operator supports secure calls with SIP over TLS and Secure RTP, using the same server key that is used for HTTPS. What you need to do in Operator is to enable "Encrypt communication" in the advanced tab of the extension edit dialog.

The harder part is that the phones need to know the server's public key and the configuration can be difficult with various phone brands.

We have the best experience with Snom, their support for secure calls is very good. Operator can configure Snom phones for secure calls via automatic provisioning, so you really only need to enable encrypted calls for the extension and you are done.

Vladimir
  •  
tehpr0

Hi Vladimir,

Thanks for your reply.

We will be using just Yealink SIP-T20P and Cisco 7640/60 series phones. Do you know if this is covered in the provisioning for those as well?
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Provisioning with encrypted calls is currently only supported for Snom. You will need to configure the phones manually.

Vladimir
Previous Topic: No incoming
Next Topic: Incoming Fax file type
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 07:37:16 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00439 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.