Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Auto login Connect Web Client 8.0?
  •  
cptlo306

Send a private message to this user
Is there any way to do either of the following?

1. Have webmail (new 8.0 version) remember login/password so users don't have to login each time they open webmail?

2. Have webmail use Windows authentication so no login is necessary?

Our environment is as follows:
- about 25 users
- currently using KOFF with windows authentication and Outlook 2007
- Kerio Connect installed on Windows 2008 and all PC's are Windows XP/7.

Thanks.
  •  
Vicky

Hi,

1. WebMail is not able to remember username/password. This is down to the browser you use. I currently use Firefox with WebMail and I told firefox to remember my username and password and it does. All I have to do is click login everytime I go to WebMail.

2. Again this would be down to the browser you are using. There may be a way to configure this with Firefox as Firefox has a configuration file and options for NTLM. If you open Firefix and in a new window type 'about:config' this will take you to the config. However you must be careful editing this file. Look for NTLM and see if you can configure this to do what you would like to do.

I am not aware if other browsers are able to do this but I would suspect Chrome may have a configuration file somewhere to tweak and IE may have a setting for this but you will need to check.

All the best,
Vicky
  •  
cptlo306

Thanks for the reply.
For option 1, I'm aware of the browser saving the login/password and I do that now. My desire is to not have to even hit the login button every time. I don't fully understand how this works but other sites allow you to save the password and then do not even prompt you to login at all. Perhaps they drop a security cookie on your machine that works until it expires.

For option 2, I think the Kerio web server service would have to be configured to support NTLM in order for this to work.

Thanks.
Previous Topic: Customize "New mail" window
Next Topic: "Show as Conversations" in Office Outlook 2010 and 2013
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 11:12:26 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00404 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.