Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Workspace » Corrupt Page Deletion (what happens to files in File Library?)
  •  
Machete

Send a private message to this user
I have a corrupt page in Workspace (everytime I click on it, I get a crash report). The page only contains (1) File Library. If I delete the page, will the files in the file library get deleted as well?

I want to make sure I don't have 4GB (approx 59,000 files) left orphaned in my Workspace data store.
  •  
Tomas Rondik (Kerio)

No, the files won't be deleted from data store. Keeping files in data store even if they are deleted in Workspace allows us to have the Undelete feature.
However, it is possible to delete old files from data store. Login to Web Administration, go to Configuration/Store Management, and open the Clean up tab.

I hope this will help you.
Regards,

Tomas Rondik
Quality Engineer
Kerio Technologies
  •  
Tomas Rondik (Kerio)

To the crash issue: could you provide more information? Which version of Workspace are you using? Are all browsers affected by this issue? Is there any special setting of the File Library (e.g. background color, sorting, ...)? Could you send me text of the crash report?

Thank you,

Tomas Rondik
Quality Engineer
Kerio Technologies
  •  
Machete

Hi Tomas,

There is a problem design of the Clean Up tab option you suggest. It will force everything marked as deleted to be deleted from a specific date forward. There is no way to delete just one item.

This is a little off topic, but example - I store large videos (1GB+) in my workspace. What happens if a user accidentally uploads 8-10 videos twice to my server? To get rid of that wasted 18-24GB of HD drive space on my server I have to delete EVERYTHING marked to be delete prior to then.
  •  
Machete

As to the crash - yes happens in both IE9 and Chrome. I typically use Chrome, but to answer your question about browsers, here is the crash from IE9.

Product name: Kerio Workspace
Version: 2.1.0 beta 2 build 1281
Module: WebClient
UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; MDDR; Creative AutoUpdate v1.40.01)
Platform: Win32
ServerOs: undefined
Language: en
Resolution: 1680x1050
Zoom: 0
DetectedBrowser: MSIE 9
ErrorMessage: Unable to get value of the property 'property': object is null or undefined
Url: /assets/client/client.min.js?v=d94e18a8adb4cc0f623f7a83b1ac7 5b4
Line: 1125
ActiveDialogId: unknown
NavigationItemId: unknown
WindowSize: 1680x897
RunTime: 5
DeveloperToolActive: No

EDIT: No, there was no customization made to the page or file library. This is the file library that I was attempting to sync 50,000+ files to.

[Updated on: Mon, 07 January 2013 20:01]

•  
Machete

Tomas - any update to my problem?

Thanks!
Eddie
  •  
Tomas Rondik (Kerio)

Hi Eddie,
in fact, if a user uploads the same file to Workspace twice or many times, the file is still stored as a one file. This feature prevents Workspace from wasting free space on HDD. But yes, you are right, it is not possible to delete a specific file. I reported suggestion to this feature to our developers.

At this time, we know about one issue which can prevent you from viewing a page with a File Library component. The blank page is shown and a WebAssist with exactly the same message as you've posted appears. The cause is that files in the File Library are sorted by date. Could this be the cause in your case? Please, let me know.

Regards,

Tomas Rondik
Quality Engineer
Kerio Technologies
  •  
Machete

Tomas Rondik (Kerio) wrote on Tue, 15 January 2013 10:55
At this time, we know about one issue which can prevent you from viewing a page with a File Library component. The blank page is shown and a WebAssist with exactly the same message as you've posted appears. The cause is that files in the File Library are sorted by date. Could this be the cause in your case? Please, let me know.

Yes, atleast for the 2nd page that is not accessible (yes I now have 2 pages) it happened right after the Sort by Date.
  •  
Tomas Rondik (Kerio)

This is a link to a hotfixed version:

http://prerelease.kerio.com/dyn/4c955ebb

It contains fix of two issues:
- file library sorting making page unaccessible
- Javascript error in Firefox 18

Please, try it and let me know.

Tomas Rondik
Quality Engineer
Kerio Technologies
  •  
Machete

Tomas - I installed update last night, this fixed my issue on all pages and data is intact (not that data integrity was of major concern, but figured worth noting).

Thanks for the hotfix!!!
Previous Topic: error <<could not obtain pessimistic lock>>
Next Topic: Invoke Search by URL
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 05:04:26 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00491 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.