Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Deleting user account - merging with a user same name user on a different domain (Moving - Merging - deleting user accounts)
  •  
Ambassador

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

I have a domain that we are moving away from, all of the users in that domain already have accounts in the new domain with the same name. I would like to delete the users account from the first domain and move the data to the new users account (then create an alias).

When I attempt this the user in the new domain is unable to be selected.

Any help would be appreciated.

Eric
  •  
tonyswu

Are those two domains on the same server? I just tried on my server and it seems to work just fine.
  •  
Ambassador

Yes they are on the same single server.

User1<_at_>domain1.com
User1<_at_>domain2.com

I deleted User1@domain1.com and attempt to move the deleted accounts messages folder to User1<_at_>domain2.com but that is the only user that is not available.

Currently using Kerio Connect Version 7.4.3 Build 7813

I just confirmed again with a handful of different users.
  •  
BudDurland

Shootin' from the hip here, but... If the left hand side of the address is the same, AND no mail has been delivered to the new domain2.com address, you can probably do this:

1) stop kerio connect

2) move the User1 folder from \<mail store folder>\domain1.com to \<mail store folder>\domain2

3) retart kerio connect

4) the user's account in domain1.com; it will probably show 0 messages. Delete it, create aliases as needed.

Needless to say, probably not supported by Kerio...

[Updated on: Mon, 31 December 2012 21:13]

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
Ambassador

Thank you for the reply, both domains are currently receiving email.

Has anyone else run into this issue?
  •  
tonyswu

Since you are indeed trying to move from domain1 to domain2, I would follow the above instructions (or google for Kerio's official KB) and move the user folders on the system level. Then create alias in domain1 and forward email to domain2.
Previous Topic: Internet Blacklist Spam Filter - Which IP is getting scanned (forwarded from Gmail)
Next Topic: SpamServer has stopped itself
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Sep 21 06:58:34 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00422 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.