Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Upgrade to 2.1 RC1 (Issues when upgrading to to 2.1 RC1 from 2.0.3)
  •  
NIC

Send a private message to this user
I created a copy of our 2.0.3 system in vShpere and then upgraded our live system. The upgrade went fine, but functionality seems to be an issue. Currently, I'm seeing the following:

1. Admin communications to phone system is fine.
2. Phone connection to phone system is fine.
3. Calling VM seems to be fine.
4. Connection with our SIP Carrier (nexVortex) has gone away.
a. When calling out receive a message your party is unavailable.
b. When calling in receive dead air.
5. Noticed there is an issue with connection to the Default Time Server and maintaining the correct time.
6. Noticed some issues with the web administration of the network interface to the point it just stays grayed out.
7. With NAT Enabled, when I ask it to get my public IP Address, it fails. The NIC within our VM Server is AMD [AMD] 79c970 [PCnet32 LANCE].

As step 2, I backed up the 2.1 RC1 system and created a fresh 2.1 RC1 via the .ovf image. With the fresh image, I was able to obtain the Public IP Address under NAT setting.

As step 3, I restored the 2.1 RC1 backup mentioned in step 2. With this restore, the network issue came back and was unable to obtain the public IP address in the NAT setting.

Please let me know any thoughts.

Ken...
  •  
NIC

As a follow up, when I brought 2.0.3 back up, all worked fine.

Ken...
  •  
NIC

I tested on another vShere server the same test and had the same results. Just in case it is related to vShpere, the version is 5.1.

Ken...
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Could you provide me with more details regarding point 6?

It seems that your network configuration is not working properly. Can you please double check that you have configured a correct ip address w/ mask on the apropriate interface and that the gateway and a dns server are working fine?

Best
Filip
  •  
NIC

Filip,

Yes, I would agree with your thought about the Network Configuration, but just wonder why it works fine in 2.0.3, but fails when upgrading to 2.1 RC1. I am definitely sure the IP information is correct including the DNS settings as again, 2.0.3 is working fine.

At first I thought there might be something deep in our configuration that could be causing the problem, but then tested on another vSphere implementation, only to find the same results.

Ken...
  •  
NIC

Filip,

Any update on this?

Ken...
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

NIC wrote on Wed, 09 January 2013 21:45
Filip,

Any update on this?

Ken...

Can you send me a support info file from 2.0.3 (prior the upgrade) and a support info file from the 2.1.0 RC1 (after the upgrade). My email is fjenicek<at>kerio.com. Perhaps I can find something by comparing these two files.

Filip
  •  
NIC

Sorry for the delay in getting back with you. In further testing, it truly appears to be something with a vShpere config or vm as a whole. I took a backup of the 2.03, put it on a 2.03 under VM Workstation. With 2.03 installed as a VM Workstation virtual machine, all networking functions worked fine. Once I upgraded to 2.1 RC1, even a simple Get Public Address under Network would fail. Again, something is going wrong with the network config once upgraded.

In addition, under vShpere, I created a fresh 2.03, restored my 2.03 backup and all worked fine. From there, I upgraded to 2.1 RC1 and the network failed.

In all cases, we are able to get to the Admin Interface via the web, just no voice traffice and pass and Get Public Address under network fails.

Did I ftp you our config earlier? If so, can you try to upgrade? If not, can you send me a ftp login and I will upload it.

Ken...
  •  
NIC

Filip,

You should have both the 2.03 and 2.1 RC1 system info files. Please let me know as soon as possible what you think.

Ken...
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi Ken,

thanks for the files. The issue has already been fixed and will be out in Operator 2.1.0 RC2. Meanwhile, please add address "127.0.0.1" to the Ip Address Group you use in Firewall for "Phone provisioning".

To explain why it happens, there is a caching DNS proxy server that runs on 127.0.0.1 and you are blocking access to it, because you don't use the default "Local Clients" group but created a new group instead. This is prefectly fine, except that there is a bug in RC1.

Stay tuned for RC2.

Thank you
Filip
  •  
NIC

Filip,

Thanks! Also, if possible, could you take a look at a Call Queue problem we are having in 2.0.3 and if it's has been seen before and fixed in 2.1?

Case number FYG-209433

Ken...
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Sorry, I don't know any details regarding that. As far as I know, Kenneth Whittaker is on it and he asked you to provide him with some information.

Filip
  •  
germanr

Filip,
Can you check if this is the same issue I reported Vladimir on October 24th on Beta 1? I sent him the debug log and dump.pcap files and had to downgrade to version 2 since then.
The only way of working was restarting operator when the issue occurred (about once a day).

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Probably not, there was no dns proxy in the beta 1.
Piskota

Hello

I upgrade to RC1 and the the Asterisk module crashed. the folowing log created in error log:
asteriskWatchdog: Asterisk failed to respond 6 times. Restarting... done.
[04/Jan/2013 08:13:17] asteriskWatchdog: Asterisk failed to respond 6 times. Restarting...
[04/Jan/2013 08:13:18] Asterisk is not running. File /var/run/asterisk/asterisk.pid doesn't exist.
[04/Jan/2013 08:13:18] Reading of asterisk socket is not allowed - cannot login
[04/Jan/2013 08:13:18] Asterisk is not running. File /var/run/asterisk/asterisk.pid doesn't exist.
[04/Jan/2013 08:13:18] Reading of asterisk socket is not allowed - cannot login

When i set user agent from Asterisk to Operator everything is working fine
Previous Topic: Sending a fax from dedicated number
Next Topic: Change Logo Cisco 79xx phones?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 01:29:26 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00549 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.