Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Sender Policy Framework (SPF) support?
  •  
dmartz

Send a private message to this user
Is there any plans to support SPF in the mail server?

I just tried to setup Microsoft's Caller ID with our DNS service (ZoneEdit.com), and they don't support an underscore in their domain names.

So basically, we cannot fully support caller-id at this time. However, SPF is very simple and does not have the same DNS requirements... plus its dynamic to changes in the DNS settings.

Any comments from the Kerio beta team on SPF?

(the beta is looking REALLY good guys)

•  
mkanat

Hey dmartz. SPF and Caller-ID have been merged into a single spec called "Sender ID."

I believe that Kerio will support it once it is a finalized IETF standard.

-Max

Maxwell Kanat-Alexander
2nd Level Support Engineer, USA
Kerio Technologies
  •  
dmartz

I just read on spf.pobox.com that as quickly as Microsoft and POBOX merged their ideas into "Sender ID", it died.

From what I read, it became apparent that 99.9% of the new specification was the original SPF with Microsoft's name attached to it.

So it could very well be that "Caller Id" and "Sender Id" are dead and SPF is the standard. As for Yahoo's proposal, nobody seems to be taking it seriously.

•  
jshaw541

Could you provide a URL for this information? I can't find anything backing this up on the SPF website.

In an interview with an SPF fellow on July 1st, he gives no indication that Microsoft has pulled out of this project:

http://www.circleid.com/article/634_0_1_0_C/

Regardless, it would be marvelous to see Kerio support SPF in the mean time. I reckon that this new published standard will not be formalized for quite some time. Due to the horrendous spam situation, consumers need tools now. SPF is immensely more popular than Caller-ID. Over 20,000 domains have registered with the SPF registry.

Please? Pretty please, Kerio?

dmartz wrote on Tue, 13 July 2004 16:52

I just read on spf.pobox.com that as quickly as Microsoft and POBOX merged their ideas into "Sender ID", it died.

From what I read, it became apparent that 99.9% of the new specification was the original SPF with Microsoft's name attached to it.

So it could very well be that "Caller Id" and "Sender Id" are dead and SPF is the standard. As for Yahoo's proposal, nobody seems to be taking it seriously.

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
mkanat

Well, SpamAssassin 3.0 will support SPF natively, so you never know... Smile

-Max

Maxwell Kanat-Alexander
2nd Level Support Engineer, USA
Kerio Technologies
  •  
dmartz

For the official stuff... http://spf.pobox.com/news.html

For the discussion... http://archives.listbox.com/spf-discuss<at>v2.listbox.com/200407/index.html

jshaw541 wrote on Wed, 14 July 2004 09:08

Could you provide a URL for this information? I can't find anything backing this up on the SPF website.

[Updated on: Thu, 15 July 2004 05:00]

Previous Topic: WebMail 6.0 Beta and KMS Spam
Next Topic: Internet Delivery receipts
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 16:46:24 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00480 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.