Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Multiple public IP's assigned to different ports- Possible?
  •  
aj08

Send a private message to this user
I've been looking over the documentation and it seems that what I'd like to do is possible but I wanted to confirm it here. I'm thinking of buying the Kerio Control Box 1110 and in addition to using it to replace our existing router, I want to put my mail server behind the box as well. Is it possible to assign both our router's public IP to one of the network ports and also assign our mailserver's public IP to one of the other network ports on the Control Box? It appears that I could set up each port as a standalone interface and then edit the Services under the Definitions group so that the ports required for the mail server would be forwarded to the private IP of the server if they came in on the mailserver's public IP interface.

In the end, the goal is to have two public IP's assigned to the Control Box. One for the clients behind the firewall and the other for the mailserver which would no longer have a public IP assigned to the server itself but which would have only a private IP with ports being forwarded to it by the Control Box.
  •  
James Bobby

Not sure about the the ports, but can assign multiple IP's to the same interface and just control it with the traffic rules.
  •  
Ernesto (Kerio)

I agree with James Bobby.

Why configure two physical ports (NICs) with IP addresses that belong to the same IP subnet?

You can just configure both public IP addresses on the same port (NIC) and create a separate traffic rule to map inbound SMTP connections directed to whichever public IP address is selected for SMTP from the two you have, to the internal IP address of the mail server.

You can also create an outbound rule specific for SMTP to force the source NAT (source IP address translation) to use the same public IP address used for inbound. This will be required for reverse DNS resolution checking done by remote SMTP servers

Sales Engineer | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
aj08

Thanks for the replies and for the tip about binding outbound port 25 traffic to the IP of the mail server. Cheers.
Previous Topic: [ASK] multiple gateway
Next Topic: Webfilter problems?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Aug 23 17:46:00 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00465 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.