Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Day/Night Mode  () 1 Vote
  •  
Michael Ruffin

Send a private message to this user
We've been using Trixbox CE as our phone system OS, but have recently changed to Kerio Operator. One function I can't seem to find is Day/Night mode. Is this missing from Kerio Operator or am I just looking in all the wrong spots?
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi

you can point your calls to an IVR tree with a time condition. While editing an IVR tree there is a button at the bottom called "Convert to Time Condition".

Filip
  •  
Michael Ruffin

That's okay as a temporary workaround, but at the moment our clients manually set the day/night mode, as the times when they leave the office change, and that would be very cumbersome to try and replicate with a time condition.
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

If you are looking for a pbx service that you could dial to change the routing of incoming calls, then this feature is currently not available.

I suggest you to use uservoice to suggest such idea.

Filip

PS: I'd be interrested to know how you expect the Day/Night feature to work.
  •  
Michael Ruffin

At present our clients use Trixbox CE, which allows them to specify two different routes for each of the Day and Night modes (eg. Day goes to a ring group, Night goes to a voicemail).

When they arrive in the office of a morning, one of them dials *280, which enables Day mode.
When they leave at night, someone dials *280 again, which enables Night mode.

I just assumed this was a feature of Asterisk that FreePBX was enabling.
  •  
fishtech

We miss this function also.

Our old (not IP-based) pbx system allowed a button to be programmed on an administrator's phone to override the system from day to night mode at the press of a single button.

Press the same button again and the system switches back from night to day mode.

This was particularly useful if there is, say, a meeting for the entire staff and no-one will be able to answer the reception phone numbers. It was also useful on holidays and where the office may close early for the day for some reason.

Regards,

ft.
  •  
Jonas Rodrigues (Kerio)

How about using myphone - Forwarding option?

I would switch to "forward to" (voice mail extension number, 50 by default) then switch back to "no forwarding" whenever I'm back.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Jonas

Kerio Technical Support
Log Support Incidents here: http://www.kerio.com/support
Also, please use our KB: http://kb.kerio.com
  •  
Michael Ruffin

The myphone - forwarding option is also just a workaround, but not a true substitute for a Day/Night mode.

We need the ability for *anyone* to type this in to *any* phone. By using a myphone - forwarding option, that means everyone needs to know the username and password to login to that account, then how to setup the forwarding (you'd be suprised at how many people wouldn't be able to master this).

At present all we have to do is type '*280' into any phone, and it'll switch from day to night or vice versa (with a voice prompt saying it has changed).

This to us, is a huge issue and is stopping us from selling Kerio Operator to many clients.
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi

I'm not sure if I see the day/night mode the same way as you do.

Say there was a PBX service *280 that would allow you to switch the whole PBX to a day or night mode. Then, there would be a new condition in the Auto Attendant Scripts similar to time ranges allowing you to make different voice menus for day and night.

Is this it?

Or did I miss something and it is not about IVRs but rather about extension ring rules or incoming calls routing?

Filip

[Updated on: Thu, 31 January 2013 09:52]

•  
ICT and Me

@Filip,

I think what they want. When you are at the office you logon the extension by *850. That will result that the IP-PBX knows you are present. Combined with a HUD or BLF that light up a extension Green otherwise it stays grey or out (blf). It had nothing to do with the AAS time setting.

It is just a Present or Non Present system.
And this can also be combined with in MyPhone a auto text message "I am not at the office" when use for example something like OpenFire server.

[Updated on: Thu, 31 January 2013 10:23]

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

ICT and Me wrote on Thu, 31 January 2013 10:20
@Filip,

I think what they want. When you are at the office you logon the extension by *850. That will result that the IP-PBX knows you are present. Combined with a HUD or BLF that light up a extension Green otherwise it stays grey or out (blf). It had nothing to do with the AAS time setting.

In case you need to configure it per user, then most phones have a dnd button which when combined with Operator User's Ring Rules can redirect calls to a defined number(s). In addition, there is usually another button called call forwarding allowing users to configure forwarding directly on the phone.

Filip
  •  
ICT and Me

Filip,

DND isn't the solution.
I see it self happening here. All extensions registered or not registered (present/non present) light up on my BLF Module of my phone.
In that case I cannot see if someone is really there or not. Or if the phone is really attached or not.
I think this is a big glitch in the system. I am used with FreePBX or other Asterisk that non registerd (non present) extension doesn't light up with BLF or on Screenhud.
Even CTI/AMI programs lights up or Softphones, they see registered extension while they aren't.

Do you see what I mean. You want to see if a phone or user is present

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
Michael Ruffin

Filip Jenicek (Kerio) wrote on Thu, 31 January 2013 19:52
Hi

I'm not sure if I see the day/night mode the same way as you do.

Say there was a PBX service *280 that would allow you to switch the whole PBX to a day or night mode. Then, there would be a new condition in the Auto Attendant Scripts similar to time ranges allowing you to make different voice menus for day and night.

Filip

It's basically incoming call routing...

For example:

Our current system has a day/night mode setup so that it toggles between two routes:

Day - Goes to a ring group
Night - Goes directly to a voicemail box

When someone opens up the office in the morning, they type *280 into the phone system (on any phone) and the Day/Night mode switches to day mode and routes incoming calls to the ring group.

When leaving at night they do the same thing, and the phone system routes incoming calls to the voicemail box (so we can have a blurb saying we aren't open and to leave a message).

This can't be done (at least for us and our clients) in a timed fashion, as even though our "hours" are set, we usually stay back in the office for some time after. Another down side to a timed system is public holidays, where the system would "turn on" even though we weren't there to answer it.
  •  
ICT and Me

Hi Micheal,

Aha, now I know what you mean. you mean if receptionist is coming or leaving the office they switch on day/night.
So not the AAS on time schedule but manual.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

It looks like two features are being discussed here:

1. Presence. People need to log to their phones. The presence data is used for BLF and for call routing as well. The "day" routing rules are used as long as there is at least one person present.

2. Day/night call handling modes based on a simple flag that is set manually by anyone in the office.

Am I right when assuming that most people would only need #2?

Vladimir
Previous Topic: Yealink RPS (Redirection & Provisioning Server)
Next Topic: Auto change public ip
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Aug 18 10:41:43 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00517 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.