Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Any plans to provide multi-tenancy
  •  
desoca

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

I was wondering if the roadmap for Kerio Operator had multi-tenancy support included? Similar to how Kerio Connect operates with domains.

Kind of surprised this isn't supported already to provide seemless integration with Kerio Connect.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

Multi-tenancy is not in the plans for 2013. In fact, only a few people asked about it so far.

To anyone in this forum, what is your opinion about multi-tenancy?

Vladimir
  •  
desoca

That's a pity. It's tough to find a PBX with Kerio Operator's easy of use, security, and price point all in one box.

The 2-way fax functionality is also a keeper.

Just having to set up and maintain a VM for each client along with the baggage that brings is the challenge.

I will keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks.
  •  
sigfrido@netatwork.it

To Vladimir:
Maybe i didn't understand something, but without multi-tenancy how is it possible to use Kerio Operator in a SaaS environment?
One box per Customer?
If i make one VM per customer i will need several licenses, thus the Saas licensing program makes no sense...
Or as i said, maybe i didn't get something, can you help me understand?
Thanks in advance
Sigfrido
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi Sigfrido,

The SaaS invoicing option for Operator is provided for situations when the number of your users changes often. Otherwise, you are right, if you wanted to host Operator, you would need to provide individual (virtual) machines.

Vladimir
  •  
sigfrido@netatwork.it

Vladimir,
thank you for your prompt and clear answer.
Just one more question:
So if i host Operator for multiple customers i will not be able to use the same Saas invoicing but instead
i'll have to acquire different licenses for every Virtual Machine?
To me the problem is not maintaining different VMs, but rather the upfront cost of the license, which often scares the
customer away...
thank you again
Sigfrido
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

The SaaS option should allow you to pay monthly even with this setup. Please contact Kerio's sales for details.

Vladimir
  •  
UnifiedTechs-Brian

What would multi-tenancy support include? You could already host multiple businesses if you don't mind losing a few minor features like Connect integration. Sure there is no direct admin access for end users... but you don't really want end users fiddling in a hosted environment anyway. The only feature it would really need is the ability to report minutes per group for billing, but I would like to see better reporting in general.

Just use routing rules to route incoming calls appropriately and the clients will never know.

To Vladimir: The big advantage of multi-tenancy support I would see would be savings on service costs like buying 1 giant SIP package vs. many small ones.

[Updated on: Wed, 06 November 2013 00:22]

- Brian
Kerio Preferred Partner, Reseller & Hosting Provider
Unified Technology Solutions
  •  
sigfrido@netatwork.it

Vladimir,
thank you for your help ,
i will contact them.
Sigfrido
  •  
Arif

Hi,

Is there any update on this topic?
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

There are currently no plans for multi-tenancy.

Vladimir
  •  
sigfrido@netatwork.it

to UnifiedTechs

What about outgoing calls?
  •  
UnifiedTechs-Brian

Sorry could you be more specific? I would see no problem with outgoing calls if the logs tracked everything.

- Brian
  •  
sigfrido@netatwork.it

Ah yes , sorry Smile

What i meant was that in a multi tenant, multi business configuration, every tenant will have its outside lines;
I was wondering how we could route their extensions to the appropriate outside line. From what i see the only way in Kerio Operator
is to route outgoing calls with a prefix, but what if anyone dials the wrong prefix? Wouldn't their calls be routed through another outside line? Maybe one of another customer? Arrgh.. !
Or maybe i didn't fully understand something in which case an explanation would be much appreciated Smile
Thanks in advance
greetings
Sigfrido
UnifiedTechs-Brian

With a single SIP account and unlimited call paths as I suggested they all go out the same lines so it doesn't matter, what you need to know for billing is what the caller ID (Which can be set per extension) was on the outgoing call, and that should be in the logs.

If your trying to do it with multiple accounts... yeah that would be a nightmare without some type of dialing rule in the phone or something, I sure wouldn't want to try it.

- Brian
Previous Topic: PBX for different call pickup rooms
Next Topic: Operator Desktop Client - Call notification scripting
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Dec 11 10:54:13 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06081 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.