Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Workspace » Filling disk space
  •  
nunz

Send a private message to this user
Hi Guys

We have just begun using Kerio workspace on a single project to test it's viability.

A few days ago, the machine it was running on reported that it's startup disk was full....which it in fact was!

It is a mac mini server (10.6.Cool and we use this machine as an Open Directory server and an AFP file server. We thought it would be an appropriate test machine for workspace.

The disks are mirrored (2 x 500GB) and then we have 2 partitions, one for the system and the other for files. the AFP server stores it's files on the 'file' partition and kerio workspace uses the files partition to store it's files also.

When the problem occurred, the start-up disk reported zero kb available and the file partition reported only 12GB available (when there should have been 120GB). Checking on the activity monitor the jsvc process was churning up most of the CPU time.... so i think there was something kerio related not behaving correctly.

When i cleared space on the system drive (i deleted 1GB of old files)...it started to use that space up...about 100MB every 10 secs....

When i rebooted the server, it seemed to behave for a while and then started to use up the space on the system disk again.... so one more reboot and it seems to have resolved itself.

So it has 'given back' the space on the files partition (so i have 120GB back) and a little bit of space on the system partition.

I can only assume this was a log file filling up or some temp cache?

Has anyone seen this before?

FWIW our kerio workspace files only have around 200MB of files stored in it...so we are no where NEAR where the 10GB limit kicks in (we haven't purchased a license yet as we are still testing) so originally i thought perhaps it was to do with the users filling the server up...but not the case!

So does anyone have any idea what this could be? Or how do i stop this happening again?

Once again, thnx so much for any and all suggestions.

ciao
  •  
Ernesto (Kerio)

Hi nunz,

I haven't seen something like what you described before.

If this happens again, please try to determine which folder is growing

~/kerio/workspace/logs
~/kerio/workspace//store

Are you synchronizing folders from client workstations using the File Library Manager client?

Sales Engineer | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
nunz

Thnx Ernesto

I was away on holidays when it happened, so i don't know for sure who was doing what when it happened...but i'll keep an eye out!

However, i'm sure no one was using the file manager client...as i haven't shown them how to use it yet!

thnx for your response and i'll check the logs.

ciao
  •  
frankignoul

Hi Nunz,

I have exactly the same behavior. Did you find any trigger that fills the disk?

Regards.
  •  
nunz

Hi Frank

No i haven't found the culprit... but it seems to be a log file. Re-booting the machine clears it out and gets the space back in our case.

Stopping and re-starting the kerio service does'n seem to have the same effect though.

Have stopped looking into it as we need to move OFF this platform...since the EOL'd it...such a pity!

ciao and good luck!
Previous Topic: Alternatives to Kerio Workspace
Next Topic: Customize Login Page and Title
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 03:48:22 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00367 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.