Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » delete backup to make free space
  •  
sebr2000

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

can you tell me how to make some free space by delete some old backups on kerio mail server?
i change the numbers of complete backup to keep from 6 to 4 but it didn't change the disk space utilisation.
so can you tell me how to free some space on my kerio mail server?

thanks
  •  
puretech

To be honest, we cannot really tell how to clear up as all servers are set differently according to their preference. So tell us more details about your server.
Is it a linux based or Windows?
If Linux, whats the partitions like?
What is your storage size? as backup size would depend on it. Removing backups may or may not free up much space so if i were you, i would handle this differently and try to add more space rather than free up as free couple of gigs (again depending on your machine) might not make much difference.
  •  
sebr2000

this is a linux server and the backups takes 190Go on the 220Go partition
with the mailboxes the partition is up to 95% full and i got some errors.
so i i changed the numbers of complete backup to keep from 6 to 4 but it seems that the old backups need to be deleted manually?
  •  
tonyswu

I second puretech. I am always hesitant and almost never remove any sort of automatic backup files manually, because you never know if you'll be able to recover from it again. I would recommend you getting a bigger backup media to solve this problem permanently.
Previous Topic: Access to all Mailboxes
Next Topic: Kerio Outlook Connector & Windows .NET security update
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 16:23:41 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00375 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.