Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Unable to use secure password authentication
  •  
rbeers

Send a private message to this user
Just updated from 7.1.4 to 8.00. We have many machines running XP to Windows 7. All are unable to use secure password authentication against Active Directory now. Must use manual authentication instead. I read all the upgrade notes through 8.0.0 and searched the forums here for a solution.

Can anyone please tell me why this is happening? And more importantly, how to correct this?

Thanks,
Rick
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Are you saying that NTLM authentication stopped working?
What does the debug log say (if you enable Authentication module)?

BTW: If you're using IP address binding for email domains then the email domain is probably bound to invalid or non-existent IP address.

[Updated on: Mon, 14 January 2013 23:05]

•  
rbeers

In the Outlook connector when I change to SPA and click the Retreive Info button, I get "Checking of connection to Kerio Connect failed" with error 0x80004005. If I just click the Ok button, I get the same plus "Invalid login information." with error 0x80042011.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

What does the server debug log say (if you enable Authentication module)?

[Updated on: Mon, 14 January 2013 23:42]

•  
rbeers

Problem solved. For some unknown reason, the update disabled NTLM authentication. Once I enabled it, clients can now use SPA for authentication.

Thank you for your assistance! Smile
Previous Topic: Remove Feedback Button in KC 8 WebMail Client
Next Topic: Please not the translation difference of new webmail
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 22:28:16 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00383 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.