Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Managing Public Folders
  •  
sirtech

Send a private message to this user
Originally I was going to title this "Public Folder Quota", but that's already been done a couple of time indicating that quotas on Public Folders aren't possible as of v8.

Here's the question then: How are hosting companies providing KC as a service managing this?

The only work-around I can currently see is to never give write privileges to the domain users (mailbox holders) for Public Folders. But Public Folders are, in my opinion, a major feature of KC. It's the easiest way I can see to publish email / PIM information to users because the public folders are available on all KC devices automatically (vs. folder sharing where it must be manually added to every client).

If one cannot provide quotas on Public Folders though, then it is possible for users to dump data into a Public Folder to reduce the size of their mailbox, while not really reducing the size on disk at the server end. I found a hosting guide document from Kerio that discusses providing hosted KC mailboxes, but they don't mention anything about the need to control the size of the public folders. A domain quota would fix this, but I don't see an option for that anywhere either.

My apologies for not linking to references but the forum won't let me add a URL (even plaintext) due to not meeting the post threshold.
Previous Topic: Kerio Outlook Connector & Windows .NET security update
Next Topic: Constant Outlook connector failures since upgrade
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 09:24:56 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00323 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.