Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » snom m9r VoIP DECT phone (Is someone here using this phone?)
  •  
Lucian Maly (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
May I ask the audience on this forum to let me know if you are using this particular handset:
snom m9r VoIP DECT phone?

Thank you for the input.

Kerio Technologies AU Pty Ltd.
  •  
Rolando

•  
Lucian Maly (Kerio)

Rolando:

Do you experience any problems with phone losing network connection periodically? What firmware version do you have, please?

Kerio Technologies AU Pty Ltd.
  •  
Rolando

Dear Lucian:

We have several Snom m9 DECT phones configured for a restaurant call center with firmware 9.6.2-a, and never experience any of the disconnection. We manual configured them to work with Operator 2.0.2 at that time.

In the office, we have one m9r for the secretary with the same firmware and never experience any problem.

As for our network, we have a different vlan for voice. I think disconnection only happen when you have an overload network.

Regards,
Rolando
  •  
netdaemon

Hi Lucian,
after the conversation last week regarding Snom m9r issue. I have turned DHCP client off on the base station and configured with static IP address. so far from last Wednesday, the m9r base station hasn't disappeared from Operator yet. normally the phone will lose the IP address in three days. the two phones still registered in Operator with extension numbers. the extension configured in identity1 seams working fine. but the feedback from customer was the extension configured with identity2 can't making any calls. I haven't got chance to check it myself. base on what I have done, I feel the DHCP server or DHCP client on m9r has done some funny thing or m9r can't renew the IP lease from DHCP server. Beside m9r phone, customer also has some Snom 821 phones were DHCP client enabled have no problem at all.

Regards,
Jeffrey
  •  
natural

Hi,

Any ideas please?

I am having issues with the snom M9R

- have 1 base station that includes the 1 handset, plus 2 additional handsets, all snom M9R

I register all 3 handsets in Identity 1, 2 and 3, then after a period of time the handsets drop off registration, in fact I noticed on reboot of the snom m9r base station identities 2 and 3 dropped off and the settings did not save, but Identity 1 did remain.

Using firmware 9.6.2a

The unit seems to work fine with only identity 1 and it saves and holds identity 1, so the issue is with adding other handsets to the 1 base station I believe.

Thanks
  •  
netdaemon

I had same problem before. I believe you haven't add the additional handset into the base station in operator. the identity 2, 3, ... should be configured by operator automatically if m9rs have been provisioned by operator.

Jeffrey
  •  
natural

thanks for the reply,

the 2nd and 3rd handsets seem to share the same mac address as the base station and so I am struggling to manually set these in operator.

any ideas?
Previous Topic: Sipgate Team UK
Next Topic: change registration time to 60
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Aug 17 23:14:09 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00456 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.