Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Moving Connect and Upgrading at the same time (Move Connect to new hardware and upgrade to version 8)
  •  
oregonbob

Send a private message to this user
I am about to move an existing Kerio Connect version 7.3 to a new computer. I would like to install the latest version 8 on the new server. Can I simply install 8 on the new server and then restore a full backup made on the old 7.3, as outlined in the "how-to move" document: http://kb.kerio.com/article.php?id=360 using kmsrecover command?

•  
BudDurland

I would upgrade the older server first, then migrate. That will ensure any new features in the mail store or config files are there prior to the KMSRecover.

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
oregonbob

The old server is just that...old, and pushing its limits on resources. I'd rather not push my luck or it with an upgrade. Maybe the old one would upgrade OK. Would first installing the same 7.3 on the new one, then restore, then upgrade the new one work as well?

[Updated on: Thu, 17 January 2013 01:45]

•  
BudDurland

That would be my second choice -- install 7.x on new, migrate, upgrade

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
puretech

i second BudDurland. If you can't upgrade and then migrate, then migrate with same version and then upgrade.
  •  
maxfontana

I switched from 7.1.2 centos based to 8.0 Win Server 2008 R2. First installed the 7.1.2 version on the new win platform, then restored the database and THEN upgraded to the latest version.
Max
Previous Topic: Outlook out of sync with Webmail
Next Topic: Cannot access new interface
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 01:46:33 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00418 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.