Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Need resources to only viewable by all users but editable by some (Resources viewable only by all users but editable by a few)
  •  
mgnicks

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

I am trying to create some resources that can be viewed by all users in Kerio and only allow a few to update and change the resources (i.e a meeting room calendar). I have created the resource and then added the users that I wish to be able to create bookings for this resource to the list of permissions. But now any users that are not listed in the permissions cannot view the resource.

How can I create a resource that users can only view (to see when something is and isn't available) and have a couple of users allowed to edit this resource at the same time?

Hope you can help.

Thanks.

[Updated on: Thu, 17 January 2013 21:22]

•  
mlee (Kerio)

AFAIK there is no extra permission group (eg, viewer) for resource. I guess you can use the "Suggest Idea" feature in Web administration.

M.

PTSD. BP. OCD. ASPD. BPD. Certified.
  •  
maurice

Depending on just what you are trying to achieve, you may be able to 'cheat' a solution?

* Create a new Public Folder - e.g. Meeting Room 'X'
* Select this new folder
* Assign Access Rights as 'Editor' for each of your selected group of Users authorised to make bookings. (Even easier if you create a Group to manage them)?
* Add another 'User' to the Access Rights list with 'Sharing Type' set to 'All Users from Domain'

Job done Razz

Now all Users will see and be able to view the contents of the 'Meeting Room X' Calendar, but only your chosen Users will be able to modify the contents.

I've used this mechanism for about 4 years now - prior to 'Resources' being available in Connect.

HTH

Maurice

[Updated on: Wed, 23 January 2013 16:57]

Previous Topic: strange email signature AVG
Next Topic: Kerio Missing Contacts
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 19:38:50 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00332 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.