Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » AMI Setup (CRM integration)
  •  
Waco1

Send a private message to this user
Has anyone set up Kerio Operator, running on Kerio HW, with SugarCRM?

I don't see where I can define some of the required parameters like Asterisk Manager Login and its corresponding Asterisk Manager Secret.

Is this currently an SSH-based 'GUI'? Very Happy
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

To configure server AMI accounts, go to Advanced Options > General, and click "Configure" next to "CRM Integration".

I do not understand the question about SSH-based GUI.

Vladimir
  •  
Waco1

A couple of days pass...

It appears that the "Asterisk Manager Login:" abd "Asterisk Manager Password/Secret" values are both "__operator_admin__".

One must SSH to the KO box and edit /etc/asterisk/manager.conf: add the specific IP addresses that will need AMI access by modifying the "permit=" configuration entries for both the "__operator_admin__" and "__operator_event__" blocks. Save manager.conf and restart KO.

I'll post more as I learn.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Editing Asterisk configuration files directly is not the recommended method as they might be overwritten with the next configuration change. Check the configuration dialog I mention in my previous message.

Vladimir
  •  
Waco1

Vladimir Toncar (Kerio) wrote on Mon, 21 January 2013 08:01
Hi,

To configure server AMI accounts, go to Advanced Options > General, and click "Configure" next to "CRM Integration".

I do not understand the question about SSH-based GUI.

Vladimir

Great, I missed that every time I went looking for it. I finally edited /etc/asterisk/manager.conf with vi (also known as the SSH GUI, aka command-line editing). I'll undo my changes and enter the information from the web interface.

I'll delete my post if I can. Hand-editing the asterisk config is probably a bad idea for most users...

Thanks
  •  
Waco1

Vladimir Toncar (Kerio) wrote on Mon, 21 January 2013 08:15
Editing Asterisk configuration files directly is not the recommended method as they might be overwritten with the next configuration change. Check the configuration dialog I mention in my previous message.

Vladimir

You keep posting a couple of minutes before I do. Cool
  •  
Waco1

I'm making progress.

I'm attempting to configure the YAAI Asterisk module for SugarCRM 6.5.9

I have configured an AMI user with temporary full control. AMI is accessible from the "Local Clients" IP group, which includes the subnet where SugarCRM is installed.

When I start YAAI's asteriskLogger.php (manages the connection to Asterisk), I get a connection refused error:
__ ERROR 111 connecting to Asterisk: Connection refused __
[Asterisk Manager Interface (AMI) Connection]
PHP Warning:  fsockopen(): unable to connect to 10.0.4.22:5038 (Connection refused) in /var/www/custom/modules/Asterisk/asteriskLogger.php on line 258

The Debug log in KO yields:
[21/Jan/2013 10:29:03] [1797]{ami} [user][u:sugarcrm][pkt:0x94f0230]Processing started, roles = 4220
[21/Jan/2013 10:29:03] [1797]{ami} [user][u:sugarcrm][pkt:0x94f0230][rule:0] matched
[21/Jan/2013 10:29:03] [1797]{ami} [user][u:sugarcrm][pkt:0x94f0230][rule:0] returned true, ending processing

This repeats forever.

I've checked obvious things like "can I connect to KO:5038 from SugarCRM?" and that's OK.

Ideas? Suggestions?
  •  
Filip Stedronsky (Kerio)

Did those two errors happen at approximately the same time? They don't seem related. The error from Sugar clearly states inability to even establish a TCP connection to the server, whereas the second one could only have occured _after_ a connection has been successfully established, even authentication succeeded (otherwise the username couldn't be shown in the logs)- This seems as if there were some other already established connection, and only new connections failed. It doesn't make much sense. Do the messages in Debug Log stop appearing when you terminate asteriskLogger.php?

If you don't know the answer to some of the above questions, you can ignore them for now. What would be really helpful is:
1. A supportinfo file (System Health-> Support Information) *from the time of the try*
2. A packet dump (Network -> Packet Sniffer, limited to the 5038 TCP port) from the time of the try
3. The IP address of Operator and the Sugar machine (for easier orientation in the logs and dumps)
4. The full debug log with AMI debugging enabled from after the try

The best way would be probably to terminane all AMI clients, make sure the debug log stabilises
(no new messages appearing), clear the debug log, enable the sniffer, run asteriskLogger, wait for it to fail, stop the sniffer and then save the dump, log and export the support info file.

Please email the said files to me (mailbox: fstedronsky, domain: kerio.com).

NB: If you didn't reboot Operator after making and undoing the manual config changes, I'd advise you to do so before trying the above steps if possible. It's not strictly required but it might rule out a few problem sources.

Thank you
  •  
Filip Stedronsky (Kerio)

Also, please include any asteriskLogger.php output as you did last time and an exact time when you ran asteriskLogger (so that the relevant messages can be looked up in other logs).
  •  
Waco1

The problem: asteriskLogger.php doesn't output timestamps.

You were correct, Filip, these failures did not occur at the same time. I wasted a lot of time chasing a problem that wasn't there.

KO is now integrated with SugarCRM and the Asterisk plugin for Openfire.

In related news: Kerio Operator integrates well with Ignite's Openfire XMPP server and their Spark XMPP client.
  •  
ICT and Me

Hi Pat,

Can you make a white paper or something how you get Operator working with SugarCRM and Openfire.
Speciale Openfire I am very interested. We had used Openfire and should be nice to use it again combined with Operator.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi Pat,

We would like to learn about your steps as well. Would be an interesting article for kb.kerio.com

Vladimir
  •  
Waco1

I'll post a procedure when I'm done tweaking and testing.

It's quite easy with RC1 and the latest Openfire.

RC1 is a huge improvement by the way, functionally and aesthetically. I have to admit that I was a bit disappointed with KO, having used FreePBX and PBX-on-a-stick in other projects. KO felt....feature-constrained. I'm changing my mind very quickly.

Not the place for this, but I want to make a note of it while I'm thinking about it:
I'd like to see 1) a caller-blocking service in the GUI like Asterisk's *31, 2) a simple transcoder for mp3->gsm, 3) an option for high-quality (12K sample rate, 8 or 16bit) auto-attendant recordings, and 4) the ability to load the HD versions of the standard Asterisk prompt recordings (including the prompt for/lyrics to "Louie Louie"). We use HD Grandstream phones, G722 default codec, and the voice prompts sound terrible compared to phone conversations. No, I don't mind paying for MP3 transcoder licensing, thank you for asking though.
Previous Topic: Analog to SIP Gateway for Incoming Phone Lines
Next Topic: Problem re-registered extensions numbers
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Sep 24 21:31:35 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00519 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.