Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Outlook Connector and Outlook Free/Busy
  •  
grumpyone

Send a private message to this user
I have logged a ticket (JSU-867197) and a feature request (request number #32562) and several minor releases and one major release later and still nothing!

As we have an environment with a mixture of Kerio Outlook connectors, POP and IMAP we have to find a method of scheduling that will suite everyone across the board hence Free/Busy. The problem is that you cannot specify the search location in Outlook when the KOC is installed as it will default to the Kerio server, which does not work in any way and I have given up trying as it is just not worth the effort anymore.

The feature request states that the search location should or could be specified by the user without it being reset by KOC. We have a file server hosting the Free/Busy vfb files and I would like to make use of this but nada, it would seem like Kerio is not interested in assisting a long time customer with a small, actually minute, change in the KOC code ....

One last thing ..... due to the lack of assistance or interest in this matter and another, PGP and KOC, there hasn't been a single day that I have not dreaded ever coming across Kerio -> should have gone with Exchange but I still have several months left on the Kerio subscription so ....... get it sorted!!
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

grumpyone wrote on Thu, 24 January 2013 08:47
The problem is that you cannot specify the search location in Outlook when the KOC is installed as it will default to the Kerio server, which does not work in any way and I have given up trying as it is just not worth the effort anymore.

The Free/busy works very well in Outlook and shows the data from user calendars on the server.
If the free/busy is not displayed in the Outlook then it is always a problem with SSL certificate and SSL connections to your server. If you install the valid certificate, with correct hostname and make it trusted in Windows, then everything will work fine.
  •  
grumpyone

Dear Pavel, what you quoted is not the real issue at hand, just a mere side note AND BTW, everything you mentioned is in order but it still does not work. The issue at hand is the inability to manually specify the search locations when the KOC is installed which makes it useless in a mixed environment as mentioned above. If you took the time to really read and understand the post, you'd realize that even though the Free/Busy on Kerio server was working, that it will still not resolve the issue as IMAP and POP store their calendars differently, DUH!!!! comes to mind here. The 2nd issue is the fact seems Kerio's to lack interest when it comes to minor feature changes even for someone who has been a client since the KMS days and who himself is in possession of a Kerio Certification ........
Previous Topic: Remote Administration enable again
Next Topic: SSL/TLS Protocol Initialization Vector blah blah
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Aug 22 08:59:52 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00472 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.