Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Shared Calendars on iPhone Configuration Utility (Use the iPhone configuration Utility to set up the shared calendars in way to allow the iphone to disable the alert that come from these shared calendars.)
  •  
teo2086

Send a private message to this user
Hello, I'm a new User of Kerio connect 8.

I install kerio some days ago to replace the old MDaemon server. Kerio working fine and now I can synchronize all of my device mac iphone ipad outlook and so on!!

I try to use the Apple iPhone Utility Configuration to set up the shared calendars. I use this way to allow iPhone to automatic discard the allarm on the shared calendars. If you set up manually every shared calendar by CalDav you set this calendar like a main calendar and for this reason iphone don't give you the possibility to don't take care about the allert set on this calendar.
If you set the calendar like a shared calendar you can enable the iphone function to discard the alert on this calendar.

The only problem is if you set this shared calendar on iPhone everything working fine, this calendar was created and you can see on iCal App but this calendar it isn't sincronized with kerio and I can't understand why?? No error in Kerio and No error on iPhone.

Here a screen shot were I set up the shared calendar on apple utility:

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

That "shared calendar" is iCalendar one-way download from server to the device. It is not CalDAV and you cannot use /caldav URL there.
  •  
teo2086

Tanks a lot for your answer, so if i want to use this way what I have to type in in the URL box??

There is an other way to automatic disable the alert on the shared calendar configured by CalDav???

Thanks a lot for your support

Best regards
  •  
teo2086

I make some new test and now the comunication it's working fine one way but fine!! On the URL box I place the adress of kerio/ical.
But now I have an other little problem, to use this way I have to set user name and pwd for the calendar I want subscribe, let me explain:

My colleague Marco share his calendar with me, if i want to use this way for download his calendar and take out the alert I need to set up connection with Marco's credential otherwise, if I use my credential I download my calendar.

May be is possible to use a different URL to deceide what calendar you want download??

I hope you can understand what i try to describe

Thanks a lot for your support

Best Regards
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Yes I do. Please read http://manuals.kerio.com/connect/userguide/en/sect-wincalsub .html for more details.
BTW: THe device always downloads whole subscribed calendar on every update so using /ical is not very data-efficient method.
  •  
teo2086

Hello, thanks a lot, I try and now everything is working.

Do you have an other idea to take out the alert for the shared calendars using CalDav?? We need to have the alert on own calendar and not on the shared calendars.

Thanks a lot for support

Best Regards

Matteo Camporeale
  •  
allard@y-clic.com

Hello,
Do you find a solution to stop the alert on the shared calendars?
The support of Kerio don't answer and I have a customer who want to change Kerio with another product. He used 25 shared calendars of 25 users and everybody receive all alerts!!!

Thanks
  •  
Jeff Wadlow (Kerio)

I found a report in our system on this issue. I have added a note that two forum users are experiencing the same issue. At this time I do not have a workaround to offer for disabling these alerts.
  •  
allard@y-clic.com

It is really the galley and the customer gave me until the end it month to find a solution
  •  
allard@y-clic.com

I have a debug log with several errors of http. Do you want it?
If yes, is it possible to send it by mail?
  •  
Jeff Wadlow (Kerio)

You could switch the iPhone users to ActiveSync. The problem with reminders does not happen with ActiveSync and you are able to access shared and public calendars. On the iPhone, using WebMail, the users will need to click on 'Folders to sync' and check the boxes for the calendars they want synced to their phone.
  •  
allard@y-clic.com

Hello Jeff,
The problem is that Activesync is an option now!
All customers with iOs used imap-caldav-cardav since you announced the new price of Kerio.
They don't understand if we change again!

Do you resolve this problem with Kerio 8.1?

Thanks
  •  
allard@y-clic.com

Hello Jeff,

After several tests, the problem is only with iOs and Caldav : the alerts of shared calendars don't appears on a mac but appears on iphone or iPad.

Your developers could stop by default the alert of shared calendars on iOS by the profil.

With activesync, no problem with alerts but the color of calendar isn't synchronize with ical on mac and iPhone and iPad.

So, color or alert!!!
The customer want the both....

Did you modified the caldav in Kerio Connect 8.1?

Thanks
Previous Topic: Search freezes and jumps back to top
Next Topic: Set user's default domain (for their email address)
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 13:41:39 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00559 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.