Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Gradwell.net SIP trunks
  •  
tehpr0

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

I'm using Gradwell.net's Enterprise inbound/outbound SIP trunks.

They don't use registration or any authentication method.

So far, I've been able to have a successful inbound call two-way, audio works fine. But the only way I could seem to get it working was by monitoring the security log, finding the IP address from the Gradwell server that got 'authentication failed' error, then adding it as a SIP interface as a 'link to another PBX'.

The only thing is, the IP address of the incoming traffic changes (on similar ranges) every so often, and I've got a huge ever-growing list of SIP interfaces for each IP that failed authentication, and I've had to manually add to be able to make my phones ring.

How can I configure my Operator so that I don't have to do this? Obviously, when the IP is different - there is a different DNS name. Can i configure Kerio Operator to accept any inbound traffic (I have it NAT'ted through a pfsense firewall and can lock down inbound source addr ranges)?.

here is the Gradwell KB's for trixbox ce / switchvox config - this may give you guys an idea:
www (dot) gradwell.com/support/kb/article.php/?id=105
www (dot) gradwell.com/support/kb/article.php/?id=148

Thanks
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

tehpr0 wrote on Wed, 30 January 2013 01:41
How can I configure my Operator so that I don't have to do this? Obviously, when the IP is different - there is a different DNS name. Can i configure Kerio Operator to accept any inbound traffic (I have it NAT'ted through a pfsense firewall and can lock down inbound source addr ranges)?.

Hi,

currently, there is no such option. Operator needs to authorize the incoming request somehow. This is done by matching the originating IP address, etc.

Any chance you could tweak something in the Gradwell administration. I can see there is an option called "Host Type: Peer".

If you are familiar with linux and asterisk, I can offer you a way how to modify the asterisk configuration files in Operator.

Best
Filip
  •  
tehpr0

Hi Filip,

Unfortunately the Gradwell control panel is very limited, I don't think that peer type is available.

Their SIP trunk option for routing is literally 'SIP/IAX Destination = sip:(DDI Number)<_at_>(our public IP)' and that's the only option.

But yes, very familiar with Linux - have had basic experience with Asterisk config files though.

We're using the Squeeze VMWare VA of Operator 2.0.3

•  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

I've sent you a PM message.
  •  
hunter19

I'd be interested to know the resolution to this topic.

I am also a Gradwell customer. We are currently evaluating a move from 3CX to Kerio Operator.

Gradwell have kindly provided us with some test accounts (single user SIP accounts) and also an Enterprise Inbound SIP trunk.

I have been unable to get either of these working with Kerio Operator, but both work fine on 3CX.

Has anyone got any tips about getting Gradwell and Kerio Operator to work together?
Previous Topic: Kerio Operator 2.2.0 RC 1
Next Topic: PCI Scan failures - weak ciphers and ssl2
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Aug 17 11:44:16 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00478 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.