Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Connect - product issues (email issues and system crashing)
  •  
Glennn

Send a private message to this user
In the 19 years of being in business, I recently moved to my company email system to Kerio Connect along with investing in all new Apple hardware and servers. I have to say that I am EXTREMELY disappointed with this email product for a business application. The recent update has done nothing but crashed the system. You know it is bad when clients are commenting via phone that they are frustrated in emailing my team as they are getting undeliverable messages. Once is okay, twice is a concern, three, four, five plus is starting to "cheese me off". Here are my issues:
* email server needing to be rebooted once a week for the past 3 weeks.
* clients receiving an undeliverable message that they cannot connect to the server
* delayed messages for my team on our sending out an email
* poor connection to contacts and calendar
Lesser complaints about the Kerio system include:
* spell check is poor at best in comparison to Outlook.
* tool bar at the top of emails has minimal offerings. come on, this should be an easy fix. This forum creator email has more options.
* unable to change the font size on my computer - we have tried to figure that out and no solution so far

I am sure I am not the only MAD customer for this poor product. I currently would not recommend this Kerio Connect product. There are a few awesome features but the PAIN that it has created for my company far out weighs any positive aspects. I was not sure who to place a complaint to as my IT guy has been awesome with fixing every dang Kerio issue. I needed to place this on a board and so thank you for reading. Hopefully these issues can be fixed sooner rather than later.

All the best .
  •  
sfpete

Glenn... gotta say... for your first 4 points, you may want to get a new IT guy. Sounds like he may not know how to resolve these issues, and definitely isn't communicating to you why they are occurring. These don't sound like Kerio software issues per se - but configuration/setup issues. If your IT guys needs help, he might want to find a Kerio partner for assistance.

Your lesser complaints seem related to Kerio 8.0. As this is a "point zero" release, nearly any IT guy worth his salt would not deploy it... as initial releases surely will have issues at first.

Hate to grill your guy over the coals, but I hear your frustration and it's being mis-directed in my opinion.

I am not related to Kerio here... just setting the record straight from my perspective.
  •  
Glennn

Thank you. I am fairly confident with my IT guy and you do give me a good couple of points to address with him. I do think that there are a few members out there that may be experiencing the similar issues that we are. I moved the company from an Outlook mail product to the Kerio system. We use the email system a lot and we save emails for future reference to issues that we are either working on or have solved for our clients. Clients communicate with us and it is in this communication with us that we are having these issues. Not great for my business. I am not a good IT person, I am just a frustrated customer of this new product. Again there are a fair amount of great features that this product has but if you cannot communicate with a client then all those nice features do not mean much.

Thank you for reading and taking the time to respond. I do think it is the product and not my IT support person. Enjoy your day!
  •  
Jonas Rodrigues (Kerio)

Hi Glenn,

I would advise you to ask your IT guy to get in touch with one of our partners to get some help with your mail server setup.

Perhaps your IT guy is not 100% familiar with Kerio products which does not mean he is not good.

We have a great tech support who can help you to address any kind of issues.

We have a lot of happy clients with our products and I believe once you have your issues addressed you will be happy too.

Please have a look in the following link where you can find a partner close to you :

http://www.kerio.com.au/partners/locator/search

Our partners are trained and certified with our products.

If you do not wish to contact a partner you still can Submit Support Incident in our webpage :

http://www.kerio.com.au/au/support

You have 2 free support incidents per year of subscription.

Hope this helps.

Have a great day!

Kerio Technical Support
Log Support Incidents here: http://www.kerio.com/support
Also, please use our KB: http://kb.kerio.com
  •  
Glennn

Thank you for the suggestion. I guess I should clarify that the IT provider we have hired does have extensive knowledge of the Kerio product as that is the main product he recommends to his clients. From what he has discovered so far it appears that the new Apple Operating System is causing an issue. We just installed the New Apple server in November and the new OS X Server 10.8.2 is not liking the Kerio system and vice versa.

Thank you for your suggestion. Actually I am impressed with Kerio for their contact on this issue. I sent my concerns this afternoon and within a few hours I had a direct email from a Manager offering his assistance. Very nicely handled by the company and impressive. I guess they do look at these issues seriously.

thanks again for your comments. cheers
  •  
sriegelh

To Glenn's point, he *does* have a very good IT guy and we've been in touch with both Glenn and his IT guy.

--
Scott Riegelhaupt-Herzig
Kerio Technical Support
  •  
Glennn

You know, I was a cranky customer 2 days ago. Kerio was not the greatest in my opinion. I appreciated the different emails and time that members within this "chat room" provided. Very nice.

Now I do have to say that after I sent off the cranky email listing my concerns I have had nothing but very good responses from the Kerio organization. They have worked with me and my IT guy to get around the issues of the Apple and the Open Directory services in OS X Server 10.8.2. The team at Kerio has kept me in the loop, called me at the office, called my IT guy and have been very pleasant to work with. As a business owner I appreciate good customer service and I will give credit where credit is due and this is a classic example of very good customer service.

Thank you for caring and being professional. It is appreciated. Have a great weekend everyone! Cheers
Previous Topic: Spamfilter turn off but still on
Next Topic: New User can't log in to Mailgate
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 21:08:24 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00394 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.