Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Reply Doesn't Include Original Text
  •  
BobH

Send a private message to this user
I have a user who told me that when he replies to emails, the original text is not included. I logged into his account and confirmed this. The only thing that is included in his reply is his email signature. I asked him how long this had been happening and he said the last couple of days.

He uses the new webmail interface. I looked for a setting there for including the original text but couldn't find any. I then switched back to the "Old Webmail Client" and in those settings I found that the "Add original text when replying" box was checked.

I then tried composing a reply with his account in the Old WebMail Client and got some peculiar stuff below his signature

Quote:

DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99"
LatentStyleCount="267">

UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/>

UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/>

UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/>

UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/>

None of this text appears when he's replies in the new Webmail Client.

I have a hunch something in his configuration is corrupted. Anyone seen this? If so any fix?

We're using v8.0.0 build 639

Thanks.

•  
Jeff Wadlow (Kerio)

Do you see this 'DefSemiHidden' text in the Signature field?

You might have to scroll to the right in order to see the entire signature (it might not wordwrap).

Does the problem happen if you remove his signature?

Do you use a domain footer?

The WebMail settings are kept in a file named settings.cfg. Each user has their own copy of this file in the ~/store/mail/domain_name/user_name/ folder.

You can delete this file and Kerio Connect will create a new default copy of the file.

If you decide to delete that file then make sure you stop Kerio Connect before hand.
  •  
BobH

I went into his setting in Old Webmail. At the end of this post is what was there in a single line. It looks like the XML stuff that might define his signature from the New Webmail signature.

Clearing the signature from the settings and saving it does not fix the problem.

I stopped Kerio and then renamed his settings.cfg file. I then restarted Kerio and in Old Webmail, I restored his signature. That cleared the problem.

I then deleted his signature, saved the change and then switched to New Webmail and restored the signature there. He had some formatting there; some bold text. That worked fine.

When I look at his signature in Old Webmail settings, it's the XML version but the signature appears the same in both clients and the missing text problem is fixed.

I guess something was corrupted in the settings.cfg file and deleting it fixed the problem.

Thanks.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml><br/> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings><br/> <o:AllowPNG/><br/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings><br/></xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml><br/> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings><br/> <o:AllowPNG/><br/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings><br/></xml><![endif]--><font size="2"><b>Bruce Sauter</b><br>Director Marketing + Sales <br>Wisco Industries, Inc.<br>736 Janesville Street<br>Oregon, Wisconsin&nbsp; 53575<br>P 608.835.3106 x234<br>C 608.279.4158<br>F 608.835.7399<br>bsauter<_at_>wiscoind.com<span style="line-height: 115%;"><br></span>www.wiscoind.com</font><br><br><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml><br/> <w:WordDocument><br/> <w:View>Normal</w:View><br/> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom><br/> <w:TrackMoves/><br/> <w:TrackFormatting/><br/> <w:PunctuationKerning/><br/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/><br/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid><br/> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent><br/> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText ><br/> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/><br/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther><br/> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian><br/> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript><br/ > <w:Compatibility><br/> <w:BreakWrappedTables/><br/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/><br/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/><br/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/><br/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/><br/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/><br/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/><br/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/><br/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/><br/> </w:Compatibility><br/> <m:mathPr><br/> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/><br/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/><br/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/><br/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/><br/> <m:dispDef/><br/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/><br/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/><br/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/><br/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/><br/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/><br/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/><br/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument><br/></xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml><br/> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true"<br/> DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99"<br/> LatentStyleCount="267"><br/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false"<br/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/><br/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false"<br/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/><br/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/><br/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/><br/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/><br/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/><br/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/><br/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/><br/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/><br/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/><br/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/><br/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/><br/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/><br/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/><br/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/><br/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/><br/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/><br/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/><br/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/><br/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/><br/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false"<br/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/><br/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/><br/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false"<br/> UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/><br/> <w:LsdExcepti
  •  
CaptainPeacock

I was having the same problem and this advice solved it for me - many thanks.
Previous Topic: Email Archiving Solution
Next Topic: 554 5.0.0 Too many hops
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 01:29:41 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00403 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.