Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » AMI permit= setting (There is no way to configure the IP group that is allowed to use AMI)
  •  
Waco1

Send a private message to this user
I'm trying to configure Activa, an OpenSource TAPI driver that allows Outlook 2010 to be integrated with Asterisk 1.8.

It's not going well.

I'm running KO 2.1.0 RC2 build 1424

I'm using the KO outbound context for Activa, my user name, and the AMI password from my user account's Advanced tab.

The deny/permit rules for users' AMI entries (manager.conf) appear to only allow connections from localhost (permit=127.0.0.1/255.255.255.0).

That could certainly do it, this being a Kerio rack-mount appliance with nothing else installed on it, but AMI access isn't necessarily bound to those deny/permit rules.

I have SugarCRM set up to read phone call events, but I can't get dialing to work at all. Not from SugarCRM, and not from Activa.

The AMI debug output scrolls hundreds of lines per second! I'm not lazy, but I think a TCP dump in septidecimal would be easier to read.

Has anyone managed to get AMI originate to place a call correctly with Kerio Operator?

More specifically, has anyone gotten SugarCRM or Activa to originate a call?

[Updated on: Mon, 04 February 2013 20:14]

•  
Waco1

It works from telnet:

telnet hostname 5038
Trying hostname...
Connected to hostname.
Escape character is '^]'.
Asterisk Call Manager/1.1
ACTION: LOGIN
USERNAME: waco1
SECRET: waco1_unguessable_secret
EVENTS: ON

Response: Success

This isn't likely to be caused by permit/deny errors...
  •  
Filip Stedronsky (Kerio)

The permit/deny rules in manager.conf are irrelevant. You might also notice the line:

port = 6038

(Which does NOT mean you should setup your AMI connections to :6038! That's why it's restricted to localhost.) All AMI access is done through a filtering proxy that listens on *:5038 and passes all allowed commands to Asterisk at localhost:6038. This was necessary as otherwise, thanks to the weak access-control mechanisms of AMI, any user with dialer access would be able to manipulate (hangup, redirect, eavesdrop) _any_ call in Operator, bypass Call Permissions and more.

As for your issues, the debug log would be, despite its size, most helpful, at least a part from starting the AMI client to encountering the issue, inclusive. Also please include information about the IP and username of the problematic client and an approximate datetime of its login and of the encountered error (so that it can be identified in the logs; the best would be of course log from when only a single AMI client is running, but it's not strictly necessary) and an exact description of the error from client POV (e.g. what error message is shown, after what action, if you were dialling, what number you were dialling, etc.). Also, please include the supportinfo file.

I don't know about Activa, but we tested with SugarCRM (the YAAI plugin) and it was usable. Could you please also send screenshots of your AMI client configuration so that we can make sure there is nothing incorrect?

Send me all the small files by email (fstedronsky on kerio com), if the logs are too big, you can e.g. upload them to some filehosting service and send me the link. If they might contain any sensitive information, you can e.g. pack them in a password-protected zip.
Previous Topic: Record audio from off-net?
Next Topic: 2 numbers on 2 ISDN lines
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 01:57:32 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00394 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.