Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » connecting Kerio Connect with Filemaker?
  •  
yukiomishima

Send a private message to this user
howdy

i am building a database in Filemaker Pro 12 and would like to be able to access data within kerio connect (contacts etc)

is this at all possible

also

can i setup filemaker to be able to connect to kerio to send mail

thanks for any insight

yukioMishima
  •  
My IT Indy

You should be able to use carddav or caldav connections to do this. Can Filemaker do that?

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
fishtech

Quote:
i am building a database in Filemaker Pro 12 and would like to be able to access data within kerio connect (contacts etc) is this at all possible

Can you provide more information on exactly what you want to do?

Quote:
can i setup filemaker to be able to connect to kerio to send mail

Yes, the FileMaker 'Send Mail' script step is your friend... http://www.filemaker.com/12help/html/scripts_ref2.37.66.html

For info, we also have our FileMaker CRM making outgoing calls using Kerio Operator.

hth,

ft.
  •  
yukiomishima

thanks for the replies

we are looking to enhance our existing contact management & timesheets databases

however... fishtech... if you already have a system in place.. i would be interested to take a look... is it for sale... do you have a website showing off its capabilities etc

thanks again

yukioMishima
  •  
fishtech

Quote:
fishtech... if you already have a system in place.. i would be interested to take a look... is it for sale... do you have a website showing off its capabilities etc

I simply built a Customer Relationship Management system for internal use by our company. It's customized to our business logic and would probably not transfer to other companies.

Sending automated email out of FileMaker is very straightforward, so long as you have a destination email address available in the database.

It sounds like you may be new to FileMaker, but you have existing databases, right?

You might learn to love making and tweaking stuff in FileMaker (like I do). If you do not want to build/tweak your own system you can buy off-the-shelf FileMaker solutions that can be customized. You could also work with a consultant to build exactly what you need. There is a big halo of consultants out there.

I can help if you have any specific questions, and you might want to consider posting FileMaker questions at http://fmforums.com/forum/forums/

hth,

ft.
  •  
yukiomishima

fishtech

thanks again for the reply

i last worked with filemaker when it was at version 5 (and our current databases are still running on v5.5 server and v6 client).... as such... i was not too sure how it has developed... and what hooks i can use to grab data from... and write data to kerio

thanks again for your time.... as recommended... i might pop over to the filemaker forums

yukioMishima
  •  
fishtech

I see... a lot has changed since FM version 5 / 6 Smile

I think the bottom line for Kerio Connect integration is that you can use the 'Send Mail' script step on a single record, or multiple records in a found set.

The FileMaker database will send your data directly using Kerio Connect's SMTP server (or you can choose to use an email client on a local machine).

It's straight-forward... here's how it looks in FileMaker script dialog:

[img]./fa/2923/0/[/img]

hth,

ft.

•  
yukiomishima

perfect... thanks... looks nice and easy

any thoughts on getting contact data to/from kerio

also... i can see how the above script step is useful for sending the mail directly out of filemaker... but how do you then integrate that mail into a users sent mail box in kerio/outlook.... or.. can you find a contact in kerio... and click on a button that will open outlook.. auto-enter the to field so that the email trail is contained within outlook/kerio

btw... forgot to mention... this is all OSX based

thanks again for you time / insights

yukioMishima
  •  
fishtech

Quote:
any thoughts on getting contact data to/from kerio

Please can you be more specific about what you want to achieve.

Quote:
how do you then integrate that mail into a users sent mail box in kerio/outlook.... or.. can you find a contact in kerio... and click on a button that will open outlook.. auto-enter the to field so that the email trail is contained within outlook/kerio

The first pulldown menu shown allows you to choose whether to send email using SMTP Server or a Mail Client. If you choose 'Mail Client' you can choose Outlook or OSX Mail app (or whatever you want), and mail is sent using the local account on the computer that runs the script. The content of each mail is populated with fields from FileMaker.

Quote:
this is all OSX based

We are OSX also.

hth,

ft.
  •  
mark.geerdes

Hi, not sure if you are still working on this, but I'm doing a similar project, what I have discovered is the APIs of Kerio connect. I'm still working on getting FileMaker to talk to them, but have made a little headway using MonkeyBreadSoftware plugin which allows JSON building and HTTPS POST. Getting a parse error though now.
  •  
fishtech

Welcome!

What are you trying to do exactly?

If you simply want to send email out of FileMaker via Connect, you can do that natively with FileMaker script steps.

If you are doing something else I would be interested to know more.

Cheers,

ft.
  •  
mark.geerdes

Have an employee FileMaker database. Client wants to keep the employees sync'd between the database and Kerio, so trying to use the APIs so that when an employee is added in the database, it gets added to Kerio server as well. And on the flip side, when an employee leaves and they delete them out of the database, it gets taken out of the Kerio server.

The problem is, I can't even login to Kerio right now, get a parse error from Kerio.

[Updated on: Sat, 01 June 2013 00:26]

•  
fishtech

Hi Mark,

Just wondering if you were able to connect FileMaker with KC via the AMI. Were you able to add any functionality to FileMaker through this?

Many thanks,

ft.
  •  
mark.geerdes

Hi, Yes, we finally got it working.

The trick was to get involved in the developer forums here at Kerio, you have to apply for it, but the developer pointed me in the right direction, the MonkeyBread software didn't format the code the way Kerio wanted it, and the developer said that we could use the terminal command curl to send the code, so I found the free BaseElements plugin that allows you to use terminal commands in the calculation engine of FileMaker, so I was able to use that to create my own curl commands for everything. Check out my forum post in the developer area for more info and sample code from the developer.
fishtech

Cool... so what are you actually doing with it?

From your original post it sounds like you have a FileMaker personnel database. Adding a new member of personnel to personnel database will add a new user to Connect. Removing a user will remove the user from Connect.

Do I have that right?

Thanks,

ft.

[Updated on: Thu, 25 July 2013 20:38]

Previous Topic: how to give full access
Next Topic: connect Ipad VPN to Kerio
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun May 28 04:57:30 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.12891 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.