Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Connect Client 8.0 = unusable
  •  
McIrish

Send a private message to this user
We updated our KC server to 8.0 a couple weeks ago and I waited for the reviews to come in before posting. Everyone absolutely HATES the new web client.

1) In some cases, it doesn't even show all the mail
2) You can't sort by date recieved or subject or....
3) Looks very "kid-friendly" and "business laughable"

I'm having a real hard time imagining any business thinks this "update" is worth using. Seriously. I have 186 accounts on it and the opinion has been that this is not what we want. I am so happy they have left in a link to the old web mail. If they remove that, I will have mutiny. The old interface looked so much more professional. Who thought this was a good design? The old one looked basically like Outlook, which is still the standard for business. That wasn't something that needed to be messed with in my opinion.

Anyone else have similar responses?
  •  
franko

We only have 10 accounts, but if they dont fix directory/folder flat view, then I to will have a revolution on My hands.
Am already lookin for alternates, absloutely agree, only saving grace is the old web mail link.
  •  
forum69

Same opinion when I tested it with the beta version...
We decided not to upgrade to the 8.0 KC.

This new webmail is unusable and "business laughable" (good description).

I don't understand that a such basic interface has been delivered in a production version.

Moreover, I also don't understand : the KC is lacking a lot of functionnalities. So why so much time in rewriting the webmail and not improving the actual KC server ??

And Kerio is now proposing a new product. Does the KC development team decrease each time a new product is delivered ?

The only good point I found now to Kerio is the Kerio configuration tools for MacOS. Otherwise, a product like icewarp is now much more attractive.

Sorry for this type of post.

A disappointed KC customer...
  •  
swersc

In the long term I think webmail in general will change and melt into new solutions (look at Gmail/Google Apps) but I agree that the new webmail solution is not production ready. I had preferred if Kerio had set the "old" webmail as default but with the opportunity to use (and hence for Kerio to gather user and end user input) the new webmail when/if desired, allowing Kerio to create a powerful, "next generation" solution.

Currently, I am afraid that Kerio tries to be a bit like Google, a bit like Microsoft, a bit like Orcale and then puts some social business web on top of that - doing that means competing with those players on their terms, not Kerios. Usually this happens when sales/marketing people/economist gets too much influence on product development. They run for todays business (which really is yesterdays) and misses out that everything is about where your customers are going to be tomorrow and how one can get there the smartest way possible.

Kerio has a fantastic opportunity to do something spectacular by bringing Kerio Connect on the right way into the future and I know lots and lots of enterprises looking for Exchange alternatives (to become less Microsoft dependent etc.) but I think Kerio has failed so far to identify and address the key factors to get such companies as customers. Succeding in that, Kerio would get the revenue to do more research & development and innovative solutions for the future.
  •  
cptlo306

I'll be different and say that I really like the new web client. Yes, it is missing some features found in the old webmail client but I like it much better than the old webmail. I'm the only one using webmail though (all users are using Outlook/KOC and mobile devices) so I'm not sure what their feedback would be.
  •  
Gomez IT

Love the fresh, simple design. Hate the removal of 'a shed load' of features that my users need.

Hate - even more - the fact that despite numerous suggestions / complaints, there has been no feedback from Kerio to confirm that they will be re-instating some of the functions.

There seems to be no indication that they accept the problems and that they are going to fix them. How about a list of things you're working on guys? At least we can then make a decision on whether to continue using Kerio or making other plans!

[Updated on: Thu, 07 February 2013 13:44]

•  
GlennK

I think the new look is fantastic. I do agree that it needs to be able to sort by something other than date however. Drag and drop is super cool. Smile
  •  
salsero_gallego

Hi all.
I had done a demo installation for our Users, to see the new Webinterface.
- One Person like it.
- the rest of the User: No way, don't update the Kerio Server ....

Sorry Kerio Team. But with this feedback I can't update until the Webinterface is better and Business-friendly
  •  
GlennK

There is an option to use the new or the old web interface. With the option, you can have both. So what's the trouble?
  •  
mpermann

I think the trouble for some people would be how long will the old webmail client be available and officially supported by Kerio. If the old webmail client is removed or no longer supported before they add back many of the critical features that were removed with the new webmail client people will want to know that. Then they can decide whether they want to stick with Kerio of find a new package that may better suite their needs.
  •  
GlennK

Would be interesting to know what they don't like about the new webmail, specifically. Most likely they are things that are coming.
  •  
buck_jones

Hate to be a killjoy but my users are liking the new webmail. Those who don't use the link to old webmail which is brilliant. Risk free crowd sourcing.

I got the very first iPhone. It was lacking a lot but I knew that and lived with it as it got better and better.

In my experience, Kerio always delivers and does it well. Might take time but worth the wait for quality. (IMHO)
  •  
salsero_gallego

Hi all.

A few points / feedback from our users:

Email
- where is the disable of the preview
- where a user can change the sorting of Email (sender, receiver, date ..)
- in old view => 37 Emails per screen / new view only 17 Email in screen

Calendar:
- copy/paste not anymore there
- month-view not exist anymore (Month view is requirement, not 3..4..5..6 weeks. We need exactly the full month.)
- in the old view "month" all entries are visible, in the new "multiple weeks view" only so many event-lines are visible, that the PC-screen are full. in the case with 6 weeks are that 3 events per day.
  •  
forum69

why not just restore all the features found in the old webmail in the new webmail interface to avoid regressions ?

majo72

Well, with 100+ accounts up and running I would not even consider upgrading to a first full release. A generally good idea is to wait for the 8.0.1 (which is now available) or higher version before taking the step up.

Hopefully the v8.0.1 solved your initial problems.

Best

Mattias
Previous Topic: Full text engine doesn't start
Next Topic: Calendar Events disappeared
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 20:53:03 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00628 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.