Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » block Hotspot Shield
  •  
kironet

Send a private message to this user
how can i block Hotspot Shield programe ?
http://www.hotspotshield.com/en
Embarassed
all user can access to any deny access web site by kerio control
  •  
fishtech

You allow your users to install anything they want?

I think this goes beyond firewall issues.

ft
  •  
mlee (Kerio)

In other words, IT security is more than just having firewall/IPS. Maybe you should consider restricting users' access by removing administrative privilege on their computers, create a separated managed guest wifi network for guest etc.

M.

PTSD. BP. OCD. ASPD. BPD. Certified.
  •  
kironet

•  
fishtech

Do not let your users install Hotspot Shield.

ft.
  •  
Goran

Deny ip/range of vpn tunnel's. Or for vpn port...
or don't allow such programs to be installed.
mlee
why you don't make improvements?? Why there is no right click DENY this type of connections for all user/particular user.
Kerio users don't need to know was that solved by IDS or BY rule or something else. Why they will care? Click, problem solved.
Admins buy Kerio Control to make there live easy, usually giving the headache. (Not to bother with other ++ things.) Or start to make programs for helping i.e. WRITE IDS rule with all possibilities.
Free firewalls starts to win against control.

So just one idea...
Right click on connection give options to write in IDS rule.
PASS
ALERT
DROP
when open add/change some extra options, IP,USER etc...
Check if admin have access. Add rule. Load rule.
Is that so hard?

[Updated on: Sat, 09 February 2013 05:11]

Question cannot be stupid, but some of the answers can.
  •  
mlee (Kerio)

Hotspot Shield uses a broad IP address range as well as different ports. I personally have spent a few hours to attempt to block it but unsuccessful. If you have free time please feel free to test and let us know your finding.

I cannot comment on the part if it is hard or not as I am not part of the development team.

If you want to see this feature in future release of Kerio Control please use the suggest idea function in web admin.

M.

PTSD. BP. OCD. ASPD. BPD. Certified.
Previous Topic: Internet download manager
Next Topic: Kerio droping packets (ICMP Redirect?)
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Aug 22 09:13:27 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00464 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.