Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Transfer Kerio Connect to new server
  •  
buck_jones

Send a private message to this user
Hi

I currently have Kerio 8 running on a Mac Pro 2x 2.66 Snow Leopard. All running well.

I'm being proactive and replacing the Mac Pro as it is over 6 years old.

New computer is a new Mac Mini 2.6 i7 16 GB RAM. Mountain Lion.

What is the best way to transfer the Kerio Connect data from the old Mac Pro to the new Mini?

Thanks!
  •  
BudDurland

The Kerio supplied backup and recovery.

Click here

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
costasppc

In the exact same boat. Tried kmsrecover, did not work using a full backup. Says it completed successfully, but no users and no mail. Mail server.cfg and users.cfg all looks fine. I stopped both servers (old and new) before migration, I just did not transfer the licence to the new now (runs in demo mode).

Any help will be appreciated.

Best regards

Kostas

ACT, ACTC 10.6
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

costasppc wrote on Wed, 13 February 2013 00:20
I just did not transfer the licence to the new now (runs in demo mode).

Kostas

And that's a reason. Trial mode cannot use data from licensed version. Install the license and everything will be ok.
  •  
costasppc

Thank you.

Is this documented somewhere in the articles, and I missed it? Razz

How can I transfer the licence (is it simply to get te licence file from the Kerio root folder and copy it to the new server)?

If so, how can I re-enable the licence to the old server if something goes wrong and have to go back?

Best regards

Kostas

ACT, ACTC 10.6
  •  
aj08

What was the solution to this? Is seems like you could use rsync to copy /usr/local/kerio/mailserver to the same location on the new server. Is that what you did?
Previous Topic: EAS licensing and current support agreements
Next Topic: Calender shows time busy, when scheduling time is available
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Aug 21 23:43:57 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00471 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.