Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Moderators for Mailing list (Help me to understand how Mailing list is working now.)
  •  
Artem Loboda

Send a private message to this user
Hi. I'm new in Kerio and my challenge to understand will Kerio fits my requirements or not.

I'm interesting in using Mailing list with moderators functionality but I have two aspects which isn't clear for me right now.
1) When I want to assign a moderator to the Mailing list. Should the moderator be a registered user in the Kerio? or it can be just a email to which Kerio will send all requests for moderation?

2) I could not find list of commands which moderator can use to approve/disapprove request from member to become a part of Mailing list. Is it possible to do that only via command(please specify a list of commands which is available)? Or it can be done only via Kerio Admin part?
  •  
Artem Loboda

I can't see moderator management commands there.
Only 4 commands:
subscribe, unsubscribe, help, owner, owners.

But non of them are related to the moderator. So, how moderator can approve/disapprove request from user to become a member?
  •  
Jeff Wadlow (Kerio)

Users can subscribe or unsubscribe by email and the moderator can approve or deny the subscription by email.

To subscribe, the user would send an email to Name_of_mailing_list-subscribe<_at_>domain.com.

The user will receive an email asking them to confirm whether they intended to subscribe to the mailing list or not.

If they did intend to do that then the moderator receives an email with special email addresses in it:

THIS IS AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE.

User "Jeffrey Wadlow" <jeff<_at_>example.local>
wants to subscribe to the mailing list "wool<_at_>example.local".

To ALLOW it, simply reply to this email or send an empty message
to wool-reqaccept=1=n845d8b663d<_at_>example.local.

To DENY it, send an empty message to wool-reqdeny=1=n845d8b663d<_at_>example.local.

The moderator clicks on the accept or deny links and this composes a new email to that address.
Previous Topic: Security Requirement from Customer
Next Topic: kmsrecover differential help
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Oct 18 22:30:36 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00395 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.