Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Anyone get Flash Operator Panel (FOP) working? (Has anyone tried or succeeded in getting FOP working with Kerio Operator?)
  •  
Waco1

Send a private message to this user
There exists a very nice receptionist's/operator's panel for Asterisk-based PBXes, called Flash Operator Panel.

http://www.fop2.com

The requirements are minimal glibc 2.3, 2.4 or 2.5, and Asterisk 1.2, 1.4, 1.6, 1.8 and 10 with the manager interface enabled. PHP5 and MySQL are optional, used for the visual phonebook feature.

Has anyone installed this and gotten it to work on Kerio Operator?
  •  
Waco1

That was easy.

I installed FOP2 on an Ubuntu server, followed the directions on the FOP site, and I have a very nice operator panel.

"To find if a thing is possible, try it." - N. Bonaparte
  •  
Waco1

Here's a shell script to convert your extensions and queues to FOP2 panel buttons.

1) Export your dial plan. Save the dial-plan.csv to the same directory where the script is.
2) Run the script.
3) Copy the newly created buttons.cfg file to FOP2's install directory (/usr/local/fop2/ by default)
4) Restart fop2 via 'service restart fop2' or '/etc/init.d/fop2 restart'

Script:
#!/bin/sh

if [ -f dial-plan.csv ] ; then
        :
else
        echo "dial-plan.csv: not found"
        exit 1
fi

rm -f buttons.cfg

## Extension buttons
grep 1,0 dial-plan.csv | sort | while read i
do
        EXT=`echo $i | cut -d, -f1 | sed 's/\"//g'`
        LABEL=`echo $i | cut -d, -f2 | sed 's/\"//g'`
        if [ -z "$LABEL" ] ; then
                continue
        fi
        echo "[SIP/$EXT]" >> buttons.cfg
        echo "type=extension" >> buttons.cfg
        echo "extension=$EXT" >> buttons.cfg
        echo "context=from-internal" >> buttons.cfg
        echo "label=$LABEL" >> buttons.cfg
        echo "mailbox=7$EXT<_at_>default" >> buttons.cfg
        echo >> buttons.cfg
done

## Queue buttons
grep 9,0 dial-plan.csv | sort | while read i
do
        EXT=`echo $i | cut -d, -f1 | sed 's/\"//g'`
        LABEL=`echo $i | cut -d, -f2 | sed 's/\"//g'`
        if [ -z "$LABEL" ] ; then
                continue
        fi
        echo "[QUEUE/$EXT]" >> buttons.cfg
        echo "type=queue" >> buttons.cfg
        echo "label=$LABEL" >> buttons.cfg
        echo "context=from-internal" >> buttons.cfg
        echo >> buttons.cfg
done
  •  
rict

Ey waco
You installed FOP2 on an ubuntu, and kerio?
Were they on the same server or separate servers?

And if you add extensions, is FOP automatically updated?
  •  
Waco1

Yes, Ubuntu, a separate dual-core, 1GB RAM (virtual) server that also runs SugarCRM, OpenFire (XMPP), and a MySQL database. (My KO is Kerio's 1U rack appliance, and it has a custom Linux distro that doesn't like customizations)

No, extensions do not appear automatically. I did provide a shell script to add the buttons though. Run the script, bounce fop2, and the buttons appear.

If you're running on Linux, it would be easy to monitor the mtime of KO's sip.conf and extensions.conf, then parse those files (python, perl, bash, etc) to regenerate fop2's buttons, and bounce fop2. That would appear to be automatic to the end-users.

If you're running on Windows, that becomes quite a bit more difficult, and it will be a lot more likely to break. Of course, if you're running any of this on Windows, well, that's the game.

Cygwin and WAMP would be a great choice for doing this on Windows, but you'll probably have performance issues during the brief periods when Windows isn't updating or rebooting. If you MUST use Windows, I'd use at least a quad-core CPU plus 4G RAM and dedicate that box to FOP2 alone.

[Updated on: Fri, 15 March 2013 14:58]

•  
Luis Neves

Hi all,

Waco1 i managed to make the extensions and queues part of the buttons.cfg. Can you help regarding the trunks and conferences?

FYI I have sucessfully instaled FOP2 on my working system (Debian based) but Im struggling to make the buttons.cfg.

I followed the directions of the manual but no sucess...

[Updated on: Fri, 26 July 2013 18:57]

•  
obtim

Could somebody make instruction to install last FOP2 build on separated server(ubunto or debian) and make it work with last Kerio Operator?
Previous Topic: not registered
Next Topic: new feature request: Phone Limit
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Sep 25 15:14:44 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00416 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.