Lately all I am hearing from customers are negative responses to the new connect client.
While I like it ... Here is what I am hearing:
1) slow. Old webmail seemed to just open up and display the page faster
2) clunky, people aren't necessarily looking for just ease of us. They also like new "techy" things.
3) slow. Sometimes when sending an email a user will be prompted with the "sending message..." For ever. Eventually timing out and then getting a "your server isn't responding" message. What's worse, I have received this error on a very small 11 user connect in the LAN.
4) where is the spell check?
5) where are the custom spam rules?
Anyone else experiencing these complaints?
We aren't getting complaints from our users because we've chosen not to upgrade to the new version yet. Frankly, there are too many things missing from the new webmail client to consider it a viable replacement for the old webmail client. Here's my short list of complaints with the new webmail client:
1. No spell checker
2. No ability to have a templates folder with frequently emailed responses
3. Can't sort email by different columns
4. Can't copy events in the webmail to create multiple events with similar event details
5. No confirmation when deleting groups.
6. There is no "Trash" in the contacts, calendar, notes and task areas to retrieve something that was accidentally deleted.
These are just some of the things I've noticed after playing with the new version for a short time on our test server. Keep in mind these were all available in the old webmail client and we're removed in the new and improved version. Unless these are features you've used you probably aren't going to care that they are gone. But some of us do use and depend upon these and don't want to lose them. I've not found any official response (other than the spell checker) from Kerio about which if any of the features will be added back. The canned response of "suggest it as a feature" is really annoying. As is "just use the old webmail client". When you don't know how long the old webmail client is going to be available and supported it makes sticking with Kerio difficult. Ultimately, if people don't like the changes that Kerio has chosen to make they will end up voting with their wallet.
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum
members and may contain information and material posted by members which may
be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not
intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any
information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the
posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in
the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the
discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the
company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to
monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of