Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Moving single accounts to another system
  •  
aceint

Send a private message to this user
Hi guys,

I have a little trouble moving just certain accounts from one Mac Mini machine to another.

The situation appears to be this:

We have a Kerio Connect system running on a MacMini with Mac OS X Server), including two domains. One domain contains about 30 users/accounts, the other about five.
The small one with about five accounts is now supposed to be moved to a new Mac Mini server, which we just bought.
NOTE: I do not want to move all the server settings, license etc. to the new server but only the inbox / sent items(etc..) of these five mentioned accounts.

Now, what do I have to do in order to succeed?

What I have done:

- stop Kerio Connect on the main machine and copy the usr/local/kerio/mailserver/store/mail/domainname folder to an external drive
- install Kerio Connect on the second machine and put the copied folder right there into the same folder
- create the five users (of course with the same user names) in the Kerio Connect admin console of the new machine

What happened next:

- logged in as one of those users but got NO folder at all (in the webmailer / new webmailer) --> it just does not show anything on the left side after logging in

- clicked on the adress<_at_>domain.com on the left side in order to open the tree, getting the message "Can not open folder" (freely translated from german version)

What have I done wrong, where is my mistake? Sad

I hope you guys got a quick idea about this issue, I would be forever grateful.

Excited to read what you think about it!

Have a good weekend!

Best Regards
Sebastian
  •  
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Is the second server properly licensed? It does not look so.
  •  
aceint

Hi Pavel,

(I think you were the one i phoned with yesterday afternoon?)

I did not yet activate a license. Isn't it supposed to work out with the test license?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Nope. Must be another Pavel Smile

Yes, trial version of Kerio Connect has full functionality but it cannot use the data from other Kerio Connect servers unless the server is properly licensed (either with full or registered trial license).
  •  
aceint

Thank you, Pavel! Smile (For your quick reply!)

I just registered my trial version. Still the same error, though. Sad
Do you think I should reboot the machine?

This could be problematic as I suddenly can not reach the machine via remote desktop / vnc://ip-adress anymore. But it is still running (I can still open KC admin console and the webmailer / kc client) ..So I thought I'd reboot the services. Which did not show any effect either.

Any more ideas?

Best Regards
Sebastian

[Updated on: Sat, 16 February 2013 21:07]

Previous Topic: Thinking of migrating from SBS, ? about Folder based retention policy + experiences
Next Topic: Very Strange Windows Patch issue
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 22:06:41 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00392 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.