Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Streaming call data
  •  
scottdube

Send a private message to this user
Has anyone figured out how to stream call data from operator? My last voip system was very simple to stream live data out of. So far I've made very little progress towards figuring out a good way to provide call data to my call accounting system.

Anyone solve it yet?
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

Check out Kerio's API client library. It contains and example that pulls CDR data from Operator using the JSON API.

Vladimir
  •  
NIC

Vladimir,

I think the problem for us right now is the internal system is not keeping enough grangular information. If I watch a live call, I can see the full call flow:

1. The call came in
2. Went to Auto-Attendant
3. Went to call queue
4. Who picked it up the call
5. Where they transferred it to
6. And then the call ends

When I look in Call History, which appears to be the data you are talking about pulling with API, it is only the one line of data that you see in Call History or have I missed something?

Either way, we need the detail of what happens to a call flow and how long it is at each step.

•  
scottdube

API is really not the answer... This is basic voip functionality if used in business. I love the idea but the execution really needs more detail. Thanks for listening!

Scott
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi Scott,

You are right, we currently only provide simple CDR data. However reporting about the whole call path (e.g. interface -> IVR menu -> call queue -> ...) is a thing we would like to support in the future.

Vladimir
  •  
scottdube

Vladimir is it possible to run additional cdr modules within the asterisk core? I need to run MYSql or something that would allow me to connect to the db remotely so I can grab the cdr data in near real time. I'm assuming you are driving you're reporting in myphone and the admin console off of cdr.db and don't want to affect that. Is it possible for more than one cdr module to run concurrently?

Thanks!

Scott
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

scottdube wrote on Tue, 19 February 2013 20:49
Vladimir is it possible to run additional cdr modules within the asterisk core?

Hi

unfortunately not. We use quite a customized cdr module that logs call data to a sqlite database. A different cdr module won't store the correct information.

You can fetch call history data preferably by API calls. If you don't find that suitable, you could query the sqlite database over an ssh connection.

Best
Filip
  •  
pcunix

Can you give an example of querying the database? I tried getting data out of it and it keeps telling me I am using a non-existent table "cdr" - yet "strings" shows me it is "cdr"

** This file contains an SQLite 2.1 database **
table
CREATE TABLE cdr (Guid
INTEGER PRIMARY KEY,FromNum
VARCHAR(80),FromName

Tony Lawrence
Kerio Preferred Partner and Reseller
Certified for Connect, Control
http://aplawrence.com
  •  
scottdube

Vladimir I just want to be clear I wasn't asking about running a replacement module but rather an additional module. Your custom module can remain in place, an additional module would run and log different data elements. It is possible in the asterisk core I'm curious why what kerio has done precludes that option.

Thanks!

Scott
  •  
scottdube

•  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

We simply do not have the framework in Operator to allow third-party binary modules in a reliable and secure way. If all you need is to add one more item to the list of modules to load, we could give you a configuration hook file to do that on a permanent basis. However we cannot provide any support for your binary.

Vladimir
  •  
pcunix

Vladimir Toncar (Kerio) wrote on Mon, 04 March 2013 06:55
Hi,

We simply do not have the framework in Operator to allow third-party binary modules in a reliable and secure way. If all you need is to add one more item to the list of modules to load, we could give you a configuration hook file to do that on a permanent basis. However we cannot provide any support for your binary.

Vladimir

Well, this is a new wrinkle. Is this going to be a generally available option to folks who need additional features or are you taking this on a case by case basis? And when you say "If all you need is to add one more item to the list of modules to load", does that imply that one module is fine but there's no chance at getting two?

Of course we understand that any added module would be outside of support scope. In the case of the module affecting something else, is disabling the hook easy enough so that a perceived problem can quickly eliminate that as a cause - can it be disabled without rebooting?

Tony Lawrence
  •  
scottdube

Vladimir,

Thanks for the reply. When you say "third party" are asterisk core modules considered "third party" My post was asking about running more than one of the core modules available in asterisk not adding additional modules written by what is traditionally considered third party. We have had to resort to writing a "third party" script to get the functionality we need but that is a different matter from the question above.

Thank you!

Scott
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

@Scott,

Please contact me via e-mail (vtoncar at kerio dot com) if you are interested in that configuration hook.

Vladimir
pcunix

Vladimir Toncar (Kerio) wrote on Tue, 05 March 2013 08:47
@Scott,

Please contact me via e-mail (vtoncar at kerio dot com) if you are interested in that configuration hook.

Vladimir

OK, we'll do that, but I'm sure other customers would like to know the answers to the questions Scott and I asked.

Tony Lawrence
Previous Topic: Incoming Caller ID route
Next Topic: Upload Cisco languages language files
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Sep 25 09:58:36 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00531 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.