Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KMSRecover says success but nothing restored
  •  
gbrown100

Send a private message to this user
I have backed up a server with around 80 users on it with the zip files created numbered up to 25 and totalling about 60GB. This was running connect 8 on windows 2003 server. I have copied to a Centos 6 box on the cloud also running Connect 8 and then run KMSRecover to restore everything.

My first attempt failed, I used the correct syntax but it didn't like me purely specifying the folder name where the zip files were. i.e.

./kmsrecover /ftp/kerio

That failed.. I then did:

./kmsrecover /ftp/kerio/*

This cycled through all of the zip files and then gave me success at the end. I then restarted the connect service but absolutely nothing had changed, sure enough I checked the mail store and nothing had been imported.

This server needs to be up tomorrow, anyone got any ideas why KMSRecover didn't work?

Thanks

Graham
  •  
gbrown100

Send a private message to this user
OK, I think I have it worked out. Actually the first backup file in the series had failed to transfer to the new server therefore KMSRecover hadn't picked it up as a backup set. I have uploaded the initial backup file and run again (using the first syntax) and it's currently going through restoring.
Previous Topic: Very Strange Windows Patch issue
Next Topic: OpenSUSE 12.1 & Kerio Connect 7.3.3 compatibility
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Aug 19 03:35:34 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00400 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.