Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » How to move nested folders on an account to a public folder? (Moving folders to a public folder.)
  •  
Stulander

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

Currently we have multiple user accounts that are shared. For example, we have a "service" user, that multiple people login to via Outlook. These people also have personal accounts. (Making webmail impractical.)

I want to remove this "service" user, and copy the contents of the inbox as well as the archive folders they've created to a public folder. I have tried to do this via webmail (Outlook completely breaks if I try to copy/move that many folders.) but it doesn't work properly.

So, under the "service" account there is a folder called "service archive" that folder has hundreds of subfolders. I want to move all of those folders to a public folder: Public folders\Service\Service archive. There would also be a Public folders\Service\Inbox for new emails.

If right click the archive folder and select "move or copy all" and then select the public folder, it only copies the emails that are in the archive folder. It does not move any of the subfolders. If I right click and select "move to folder", it only moves that one folder. The subfolders are not visible when moved to a public folder.

I also tried copying the folder manually: I copied mycompany.com\service\INBOX\#msgs to #public\Service\#msgs

But the emails won't show up in the public folder. I also tried copying the "Service archive" folder directly to #public\Service.

Can someone please explain the procedure for this? For clarity: I want to move a folder and all subfolders from an account to a public folder. Current methods I've tried (detailed above) have not been successful.

Thanks.

•  
Stulander

Send a private message to this user
Update: So moving a folder to a public folder does sort of work. The account that moved it can't see any subfolders, and neither can Outlook with the plugin. However a different user with permissions to access that public folder can view it just fine using webmail.

[Updated on: Tue, 19 February 2013 15:30]

Previous Topic: Problems with Galaxy S3 sync
Next Topic: Kerip Mail Log
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 01:40:41 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00405 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.