Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Different Mailrouting for different Domains
  •  
info

Send a private message to this user
Hi
I have 2 questions.
We have a environment with multiple Domains.

Is there a way or a workaround to configure a different Mailrouting for different Domains?

Example:
domain.com --> shoud send to mailserver 1.1.1.1
domain2.com -->shoud send to mailserver 2.2.2.2

Is there a way that mails from domain.com to domain2.com are not sent directly.
so that if user@domain.com send a may to user<_at_>domain2.com it will send the mail over the standard mail server ? like kerio --> 1.1.1.1 ...

Regards

•  
ORM

Hi

I think you need to include a little more detail. For example do you have two Connect servers or one with two domains

Assuming you have two mailservers each with one domain...
1. Just set up different MX records for each domain
2. I am not really sure what you want to achieve here. Why would you not want the mail sent directly from 1.1.1.1 to 2.2.2.2? If you really do not want mail sent directly, configure Connect to send via a relay rather than directly using MX records under SMTP Relay
  •  
info

Hmm
Sorry I really need to describe my scenario a bit more.

Ok I have just one Kerio server(lets say 1.1.2.2) with more then one domain.
Let's say domain.com and domain2.com

Normaly the Server will send my mails to the default realy of 1.1.1.1.
But now i want that senders(Useres) of domain2.com will relay over 2.2.2.2 . (2.2.2.2 is a signing server thats sign domain2.com but shoud not sign mails og domain.com)

Is there a way to realyze this scenario direct in Kerio?

To my second question:
Of cause the same reason of Question 1 i really need that all mails of domain2.com will sent over 2.2.2.2 to domain.com and are not directly stored in the kerio mailserver(1.1.2.2).

An Image would be at img835.imageshack.us/img835/1808/unbenanntzjc.png

•  
bigmountain

This is easy. We provide a spam/virus filtering service that all your mail would route to our firewalls, then by domain, we forward to the appropriate mail server. If you do not want a hosted service to do this for you, then you could setup a relay server (could use another install of Kerio) that accepts both domains. Then for each domain, you can specify a forwarding server if the user is not found on that particular server. Do this for both domains and don't setup any users on that server. By default, all messages will be routed to one or the other servers depending on which domain. With this last scenario, it is expected you would have three mail servers running. At least, I think this what you are asking for???

Preferred Kerio Partner and Cloud Solutions Provider - Offering both shared and dedicated Kerio Connect hosting solutions.
Visit us at http://bigmountainmail.com
  •  
info

Hi
For me it would be easy to install an other realy server.
And we really do not need an external filtering Service ...

Can you tell me how you would do a sender domain based E-Mail routing with a second Kerio Server? If it would work with a second that would be fine ...
I just see an option which do a forwarding for receiving Domains but not for the sending Domains. Or I just couldn't find this option?

Question1:
Perhaps i have to give an other example:

Mail from: user1<_at_>domain.com
Mail to: test<_at_>altavista.com
--> Mail should be relayed to 1.1.1.1 (1.1.1.1 will relay to mx altavista.com)

Mail from: user1<_at_>domain2.com
Mail to: test<_at_>altavista.com
--> Mail should be relayed to 2.2.2.2 (2.2.2.2 will relay to mx altavista.com)

It would be nice if you can tell me how that would be possible with a second Kerio sever ...
I still dont think that there is no way to do that in Kerio ...

Question2:

Mail from user1<_at_>domain2.com
Mail to user1<_at_>domain.com

Normally it juststays on the Server..

But we want that the Kerio Server rellay all sending Mails to a external SMTP (our sign host)

So it should do smth like that

Kerio Server --> 2.2.2.2 (because it's from domain2.com) --> 1.1.1.1. --> Back to inistial Kerio Server
  •  
cybsys

info wrote on Wed, 20 February 2013 08:32
Hmm
... 2.2.2.2 is a signing server thats sign domain2.com but shoud not sign mails og domain.com)

Is there a way to realyze this scenario direct in Kerio?

Sorry, what does it mean "signing server thats sign domain2.com"?

If it isn't digital or some sort of security signing,
maybe "Appending the footer to outgoing messages" in Domain parameters will help you without different routing?

[Updated on: Thu, 21 February 2013 12:41]

•  
info

Quote:
Sorry, what does it mean "signing server thats sign domain2.com"?

If it isn't digital or some sort of security signing,
maybe "Appending the footer to outgoing messages" in Domain parameters will help you without different routing?

Its a kind of Security Signing. It is not justr a footer.
So if i understand it right nobody have a solution to route mails of different source Domains in different ways?
  •  
cybsys

Quote:
nobody have a solution to route mails of different source Domains in different ways

imho, no solutions with only one Kerio Mail Server,
but you may install different Kerio Mail Server for different source domains.

For source Domain1 install Server1
with SMTP delivery "Deliver directly using DNS MX records"

For source Domain2 install Server2
with "Use relay SMTP server(your signing server)"
  •  
info

Ok
Thank you for your answer.
It just approve my first speculation that there might be no practicable way to solve our issue.

To install a new kerio server for each domain which is using signing, that it is possible to send sign mails within this domains, is in my opinion a overkill ...

Regards

Previous Topic: Iphone Exchange Contacts Missing
Next Topic: Android AquaMail IMAP search
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Oct 18 01:57:22 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00484 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.