Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Need a hand moving mail store on to second disk (PAID) (Moving Mail store)
  •  
Robocop

Send a private message to this user
Good Evening

i am looking for someone that is well experianced with kerio to help move the mail store from local disk c to local disk d due to running out of space on local disk c, i am more that willing to pay someone who can do this vai paypal if anyone is intrested in helping me, the mail store is roughly 30 GB at present, we cannot afford loose any data or long period of downtime, future work will follow for future projects,

many thanks

Rob Watton
  •  
zebby

I'm sure someone will pull me up if I've made any errors here but I believe the steps you need to take are as follows:

1. Stop Kerio.
2. Copy store to new location.
3. Point your server to the new location by editing this variable:
<variable name="StoreDir">
in your mailserver.cfg (found in the Kerio program files directory)
4. Start Kerio.

If you are moving your backup and archive directories too then you'll need to change these variables in the cfg file too:
<variable name="ArchiveDir">
<variable name="BackupDir">

Alternativly you can change these two in the admin console.

Also there are paths under "FullTextSearch" and "LogGlobal" which may need changing.

Basically open mailserver.cfg and search for references to c:\ - if you're moving everything then that would be the easiest option as all of the paths remain exactly as is, the only thing that would change is the drive letter.
As a precaution, I'd keep a copy of mailserver.cfg before editing it and once the move is done and everything is back running, leave the store on c:\ for a few days before removing just in case you need to revert back.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

It would be also very useful to preserve the file timestamps on all files during copying/moving.
Previous Topic: Outlook Mac 2011, Cal delegate able to send mail as
Next Topic: Kerio Connect Client 8.0.1 :: No Changes
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 07:34:40 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00421 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.